VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. to explain:

I have a widescreen display (2560x1440)

I am trying to screen record SD videos which are played at fullscreen, like from kanopy.

I want to record at 640x480.

It only makes sense to record in SD since some are older videos not available in higher resolution.

BUT, so far various screen recorders I have found just....don't do it properly.

Some, like NCH Debut screen recorder, when a specify a 640x480 resolution, interprets this by
    recording the entire screen and then adding black bars at the top and bottom (resulting in black bars on all 4 sides)

Others just "squeeze" the video to that aspect ration.

Should this be complicated ?

All the program needs to do during the recording is ignore everything outside a 4:3 section in the middle of the display and
    then downgrade the resolution.

Is there one that can ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. OBS Studio:

Setup: You can create a scene that captures only a 4:3 area of your screen. Set the canvas size to 640x480, then adjust the capture source to fit the desired section of your screen.
    Configuration: In the settings, ensure that the output resolution is set to 640x480, and you can adjust the scaling options to avoid distortion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah I did try OBS and it sort of works, my issue with it though is why doesn't the capture window default to the center of the screen ?

Does yours ?

I kind of had to play around with the actual area it records in order to center it and I feel like you should only have to do that if you're trying to capture
    an area off-center.

however it's a decent solution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. another solution is use a simply ext like Stream Recorder, rip stream, and if you want 480p only you can re-encode with ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    another solution is use a simply ext like Stream Recorder, rip stream, and if you want 480p only you can re-encode with ffmpeg
    since your previous replies to my threads indicate you're only interested in "helping" people if they do everything 100 percent your way, I'm not
    entertaining you anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by larley View Post
    Angela v2.0?
    is that a program ?
    Quote Quote