VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    I'm using the original vdub2 install and in full processing mode for both audio and video and I can only get the screenshot in post 24, I choose save file and then in the audio section on the right I click change. Is there another way of doing it?

For the screenshot in post #15 - in vdub2 (original version), audio=>full processing mode, audio=>conversion . But there is no option for 24bit , you can use float or 16bit
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dupe post.
    Last edited by Alwyn; 15th Oct 2024 at 22:39.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    I'm using the original vdub2 install and in full processing mode for both audio and video and I can only get the screenshot in post 24, I choose save file and then in the audio section on the right I click change. Is there another way of doing it?

For the screenshot in post #15 - in vdub2 (original version), audio=>full processing mode, audio=>conversion . But there is no option for 24bit , you can use float or 16bit
    I see, Never used it before that's why I didn't know about it, There is always a first time as they say.

Edit: To clarify about my earlier question about AVSPmod, I was just asking if there is a way I could do de-interlacing, cropping, resizing and converting to AVI all in one step but I realized that AVSPmod works differently than ffmpeg, I guess to save a step I will stick to vdub2 and take a hit on 8bit video, 32bit float for audio is not an issue for me.

You know what will be nice? If I can input the original quicktime footage into AVSPmod and do all the mentioned steps plus the trimming and change the audio at the output with vdub2, That would be single giant step.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 16th Oct 2024 at 01:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I did a quick search online and it says I need to install Quicktime on the computer to be able to get AVIsynth to load lossless Quicktime files, Guess what? Quicktime itself did not play lossless quicktime videos let alone AVSPmod.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed Quicktime 779 for this thread (all install options disabled). PDR's script opens your MOV without issue in AVSPMod. I'm on Win 11.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No luck here, I removed the components but still getting cannot open the file in AVSPmod.

What do you mean PDR's script in AVSPmod? It's a FFMPEG script not AVISynth.

Edit: I see which post you mentioned, Yes that did it for me, It opened, but that would have worked without installing quicktime though, I'll try to remove quicktime and see what happens.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 16th Oct 2024 at 03:15.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    How do I use the script to point to a different folder, For some reason it picks the file HyperDeckS2 correctly without specifying where that file is but when I want to change to another folder I don't see where to specify the folder in the script.

Code:
    aud=LWLibavAudioSource("HyperDeckS2.mov")
    vid=LWLibavVideoSource("HyperDeckS2.mov")
    fl=aud.GetChannel(1)
    fr=aud.GetChannel(2)
    AudioDub(vid, MergeChannels(fl,fr))
    Edit: Figured it out, The script file has to be in the same folder. But even with 12GB memory the loading of 1hr30min file takes forever, Any solution PDR?
    Last edited by dellsam34; 16th Oct 2024 at 04:08.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just put in the name, with full folder path. In Windows Explorer, right-click on the file and there should be an option to "Copy as Path".

Then put that into the script. Use the quotes as you show in your post 37# above eg

"D:\VideoHelp\Dellsam\HyperDeckS2.mov"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The problem now is the loading time, few minutes so far and not loaded, We have to wait for PDR.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about opening directly in VDub2 64bit?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    But even with 12GB memory the loading of 1hr30min file takes forever, Any solution PDR?
    You expect it to take a few minutes because of the indexing time - that's mostly dependent on your storage speed, partially dependent on your CPU . Once the index is created, subsequent access should be "instant" , as long as you keep the index files. If you move or delete the index, it will have to re-index

Hence the prior comment on using LSmashVideoSource/LSmashAudioSource for MOV/MP4 files (instead of LWLibavVideoSource/LWLibavAudioSource) - no indexing - it should be "instant" . But for some reason there is an issue with that sample file - it wsa very laggy . You can check other files, maybe there was an issue with the one you uploaded
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Actually the sample I posted works fine due to its size, the bigger the size the longer it takes to load, 7 minutes into indexing for the full length tape and had to abort, I couldn't wait longer.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    What about opening directly in VDub2 64bit?
    It loads, I just want to see if I get away with one step instead of two, Well 2 steps instead of 3 actually, because I'm not counting the encoding step because sometimes it is not necessary (wanted).
    Quote Quote