VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, I'm not sure BD Rebuilder is designed to accept uncompressed 24 bit 48 Khz 5.1 audio. So I'm not exactly complaining, but I would like to know if there's a way to force it to not touch audio tracks like the one I described, kind of like the FORCE_NOENCODE=1 option does for video.

This is a 10 minute test file for a personal project. The plan is to author a 4K Blu-ray, so I'm running different tests to see what works best, but in this case it's an export from DaVinci Resolve Studio to MKV, a 2160p 24 fps 8 bit Rec.709 video at 50 Mbps with LPCM 5.1 24-48 audio. So I made sure the option to keep BD audio intact was enabled, but that kept encoding.

So I looked into the hidden options doc to see if anything else could help and saw the KEEP_HD_LPCM=n option, which I copied and pasted into the ini file and setting it to =1. I thought that would do it for sure, but nope. Still encoding to AC3.

So, is it possible for BDRebuilder to author a Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray with LPCM audio untouched? If so, what other options I have to set?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Sebarino View Post
    So, is it possible for BDRebuilder to author a Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray with LPCM audio untouched? If so, what other options I have to set?
    QUESTION: The Audio checkboxes under SETUP are a little confusing. Can you explain them?

ANSWER:

The switches have a different impact depending upon your output selection. You also have to remember that because of its huge size, LPCM is treated differently

If rebuilding output greater than BD-9 (e.g. BD-25):

1. Default (all audio options unchecked)
    ---- All audio is converted to DD AC3. Bitrate is 640Kbs for 5.1 and 224Kbs for 2.0.
    ---- All 7.1 sources are down-converted to 5.1
    1.1 448Kbs selected -- 5.1 = 448Kbs, 2.0 = 224Kbs
    1.2 192Kbs selected, all sources down-converted to 2.0 @ 192Kbs

2. "Keep HD" overrides all other audio settings. If selected:
    ---- DTS HD keeps a bit-for-bit copy of the original audio
    ---- DD HD keeps a bit-for-bit copy of the original audio
    ---- LPCM keeps a bit-for-bit copy of the original audio
    ---- You may get failure due to inadequate target space if much LPCM is used

2.1. If you use "Keep HD" and also add "KEEP_HD_LPCM=0" as a hidden option:
    ---- LPCM is converted to AC3 at a bitrate determined by other audio selections
    ---- Other audio tracks are bit-for-bit copies of the original
    Quote Quote