VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    I doubt if there is an audio software that would do exactly what you are asking. Manual option is the only way to do such a job.
    I would start by using Audacity and put markers in those silent 1-2 seconds (either manual or use Audacity plugins) and then use Audacity to export individual sections between each markers.
    Another option I might try is to use audio-text generation so that I would know from the lyrics timestamps when each song finishes and next song starts. I would start by splitting the 9 hours into 9 one hour files (making sure each file ends in a song - you don't want to cut the last song in half). This will help the audio-text generation to deal with instead of a full 9 hours audio file. Generation of the lyrics can be an added advantage to your songs collection albums.
    Quote Quote