VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    I doubt if there is an audio software that would do exactly what you are asking. Manual option is the only way to do such a job.
    I would start by using Audacity and put markers in those silent 1-2 seconds (either manual or use Audacity plugins) and then use Audacity to export individual sections between each markers.
    Another option I might try is to use audio-text generation so that I would know from the lyrics timestamps when each song finishes and next song starts. I would start by splitting the 9 hours into 9 one hour files (making sure each file ends in a song - you don't want to cut the last song in half). This will help the audio-text generation to deal with instead of a full 9 hours audio file. Generation of the lyrics can be an added advantage to your songs collection albums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx.. yes placing markers and extraction is definitely the last option.. There was some software perhaps Replay Music or some other name which used to detect silence between songs while recording from some streaming media websites like deezer etc.. May be someone here can develop a script or logic which Replay used .. Yes my case is not via streaming media as I have a file in my pc but the logic to detect silence may be used in a script if someone here can take interest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    audio-text generation possibly cant be applied here as the music in my file is non-English .. thanx for suggestion though.. Am sure it can help in english music to many members here who didnt pay attention towards this aspect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    audio-text generation possibly cant be applied here as the music in my file is non-English .. thanx for suggestion though.. Am sure it can help in english music to many members here who didnt pay attention towards this aspect.
    Audio to text generation can be in any language. I use Whisper AI to create lyrics for Operas of 3 hours in any language
    You are welcome to send me one hour audio file download link and I will create the lyrics for you. PM is recommended. I need to know the songs language naturally assuming it is always the same language and not a mix of languages.
    Last edited by Subtitles; 10th Oct 2024 at 04:59.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Audio to text generation can be in any language. I use Whisper AI to create lyrics for Operas of 3 hours in any language
    You may be right as I never tried it..nor it is needed here as first priority .. first I want to extract songs.. being a noob, in audacity plz let me know if we can select multiple pieces of this large file in one go (like marking various split points at silences and then shall audacity export all of them with just numbering even? OR you meant by selecting one piece at a time and saving as selection?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may be right as I never tried it..nor it is needed here as first priority .. first I want to extract songs.. being a noob, in audacity plz let me know if we can select multiple pieces of this large file in one go (like marking various split points at silences and then shall audacity export all of them with just numbering even? OR you meant by selecting one piece at a time and saving as selection?
    If you are not familiar with Audacity, I suggest you experiment with a small album like 5 0r 6 songs.
    Audacity has a lot of useful tools.
    For example generation of labels
    Analyze > Label Sounds >
    Fill in the minimum silence duration
    minimum label interval
    select Label type : Point before sound
    Label text : Sound ##1 (or any thing else more convenient to you)
    Apply
    Then
    Export Audio
    Export range : Multiple files

I tested a short file and got 4 multiple files this way. see attached.
    Use the Audio Track 01-04.mp3 as the source.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Such software exist - many years ago had similar problem - need to split many hour long mp3 automatically - for sure this was before 2008 so apologies but i don't remember name of this application (perhaps it was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3DirectCut?useskin=vector ) however you can try to test for example https://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/mp3splt-portable
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are not familiar with Audacity, I suggest you experiment with a small album like 5 0r 6 songs.
    Audacity has a lot of useful tools.
    For example generation of labels
    Analyze > Label Sounds >
    Fill in the minimum silence duration
    minimum label interval
    select Label type : Point before sound
    Label text : Sound ##1 (or any thing else more convenient to you)
    Apply
    Then
    Export Audio
    Export range : Multiple files

I tested a short file and got 4 multiple files this way. see attached.
    Use the Audio Track 01-04.mp3 as the source.
    Thanx a lot.. yes I'll definitely try it .. appreciate help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Such software exist - many years ago had similar problem - need to split many hour long mp3 automatically - for sure this was before 2008 so apologies but i don't remember name of this application (perhaps it was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3DirectCut?useskin=vector ) however you can try to test for example https://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/mp3splt-portable
    yes.. exactly thats the one I need. I'll go for its Portable version and return here with feedback .. Help appreciated .. This forum never disappoints me .. Thanx to the admins here as well.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also if someone can guide for the same silence detector splitter for mp4 songs plz..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also if someone can guide for the same silence detector splitter for mp4 songs plz..
    mp4 is video. just extract the audio first and follow the above suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes.. You are right.. Thanx but I do want to work on long mp4 files which do have silence between songs and if theres some mp4 splitter which can detect silence and extract video songs without encoding then it can help me.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes.. You are right.. Thanx but I do want to work on long mp4 files which do have silence between songs and if theres some mp4 splitter which can detect silence and extract video songs without encoding then it can help me.
    I see. Well this can be a bit more complicated. Most video splitters cut either into specific number of segments or by specifying the time duration of each segment. What you really need is to split by timestamps.
    You need to prepare a csv file with the timestamps and then try this video splitter.
    https://github.com/frederikb/videosplit
    This is a command line software not GUI.
    To generate time stamps either do it manually and note down the time each song starts and then use the a.m. software or it might be more convenient using the extracted audio file as I suggested above and generate the timestamps using Audacity.
    This is just of the top of my head as it getting late here, but you might get more useful suggestions from other members.
    Quote Quote