VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have 50mbps of internet but my downloads on N_m3u8DL-RE are always capped at 6mbps. Nothing else is using any type of bandwidth when I use N_m3u8DL-RE but it still downloads at that speed. I tried using this “-R, --max-speed <SPEED>” to see if it would help but it never did. I don’t know if it’s something specific with my Terminal, because yt-dlp downloads slow too.

Is there a way to make N_m3u8DL-RE use more speed (Mbps)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    --max-speed sets the maximum speed limit. It doesn't magically increase the speed. It limits it.

You could play around with --thread-count to increase the number of threads from the default 8. Also you can use -mt to download multiple tracks simultaneously. But the speed is still going to be slow.
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KingKongGotNoBalls View Post
    I have 50mbps of internet but my downloads on N_m3u8DL-RE are always capped at 6mbps. Nothing else is using any type of bandwidth when I use N_m3u8DL-RE but it still downloads at that speed. I tried using this “-R, --max-speed <SPEED>” to see if it would help but it never did. I don’t know if it’s something specific with my Terminal, because yt-dlp downloads slow too.

Is there a way to make N_m3u8DL-RE use more speed (Mbps)?
    try using --thread-count <number>
    see this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/410809-Speed-up-download-MPD-link
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi View Post
    --max-speed sets the maximum speed limit. It doesn't magically increase the speed. It limits it.

You could play around with --thread-count to increase the number of threads from the default 8. Also you can use -mt to download multiple tracks simultaneously. But the speed is still going to be slow.
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

try using --thread-count <number>
    see this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/410809-Speed-up-download-MPD-link
    Do yall know if there's another alternative. I tried what you guys said but it doesn’t seem like it really works. It tries downloading faster sometimes but not to it's full potential.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Video servers often limit the number of simultaneous threads and and how fast you can download. If that's the case for you there is no fix other than finding another source.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you by any chance going through a VPN? If so, try disabling the VPN and see if the speed increases.
    Quote Quote