VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've included a clip. Can these be filtered? I'm having trouble finding details on what these are. They look like artifacts from a dirty VHS head but this is from a LaserDisc. Anyway help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dropouts? You can remove most of them with AviSynth. You can also clean up the crude frame rate conversion and the mediocre deinterlacing.

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Night Life (1989) LD.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 

RemoveDirtMC(30, false) # reduce droputs
    TDecimate(Cycle=6, CycleR=1) # remove duplicate frames
    QTGMC(InputType=2) # stabilized flickering edges

prefetch(8)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Dropouts? You can remove most of them with AviSynth. You can also clean up the crude frame rate conversion and the mediocre deinterlacing.

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Night Life (1989) LD.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 

RemoveDirtMC(30, false) # reduce droputs
    TDecimate(Cycle=6, CycleR=1) # remove duplicate frames
    QTGMC(InputType=2) # stabilized flickering edges

prefetch(8)
    Thank you! RemoveDirtMC has a lot of specific filter dependencies is there an easy way to download these all at once? I'm having a hard time finding some of the specific versions of filters it's asking for.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LaserBones View Post
    RemoveDirtMC has a lot of specific filter dependencies is there an easy way to download these all at once?
    Not that I know of. You might try using Spotless() instead of RemoveDirtMC(). But it probably has many of the same dependencies. Also, there are several variations of RemoveDirtMC(). You may have to change the parameters.
    Quote Quote