VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I've been gifted a Sanyo VTC 5000 and have an Elgato Video Capture USB id like to use to transfer with. Can anyone please let me know what cables I'll need please? (I only have the power for the machine and the Elgato currently)

Thank you 🙂
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1727944743100987719241369497623.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	82619  

Quote Quote  
  2. For the video: BNC (male) - RCA (male)
    For the audio: RCA (male) - RCA (male)

I am not sure what kind of signal the VIDEO output provides. If it is a modulated RF signal rather than a PAL composite video signal it wouldn't be compatible with the Elgato.

Edit: In case of a modulated RF signal you would probably have to connect the SANYO to a legacy PAL TV and connect the TV's SCART output to the Elgato, means use the TV as a signal converter ......
    Last edited by Sharc; 3rd Oct 2024 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Sanyo Beta VCR with similar output connectors and it is compatible with the GV-USB2 so I assume the Elgato will be OK.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the audio: RCA (male) - RCA (male)
    The Elgato (as for the others) has a stereo (two cable) input, so either you will need a splitter cable ie Single male RCA plug on one end and double male plugs on the other end or record only one channel and create the other during post-capture processing.

The Elgato software might have the ability to double a mono input into "stereo".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I have a Sanyo Beta VCR with similar output connectors and it is compatible with the GV-USB2 so I assume the Elgato will be OK.
    That's good news. The manual is very vague as to what kind of signal/format the VIDEO OUTPUT connector provides.
    It mentiones an RF converter which can be set to CH30....39 for "RF Output". No mentioning of disabling it or providing standard Composite output at the VIDEO OUTPUT BNC connector.
    Anyway, you have a SANYO Beta VCR and it seems to work.
    Last edited by Sharc; 3rd Oct 2024 at 07:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    In case of a modulated RF signal you would probably have to connect the SANYO to a legacy PAL TV and connect the TV's SCART output to the Elgato, means use the TV as a signal converter ......
    Sharc, are you sure that such a TV device featuring signal output on the SCART connector exist?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    In case of a modulated RF signal you would probably have to connect the SANYO to a legacy PAL TV and connect the TV's SCART output to the Elgato, means use the TV as a signal converter ......
    Sharc, are you sure that such a TV device featuring signal output on the SCART connector exist?
    I was assuming/speculating that legacy (CRT) TVs could be connected to a VHS recorder via SCART or component (RCA) connectors. I think to remember that my old TV had a SCART connector for VHS recording ....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I was assuming/speculating that legacy (CRT) TVs could be connected to a VHS recorder via SCART or component (RCA) connectors.
    Only as input AFAIK

I think to remember that my old TV had a SCART connector for VHS recording ....

Featuring the analog signal as output is something completely new to me.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    I was assuming/speculating that legacy (CRT) TVs could be connected to a VHS recorder via SCART or component (RCA) connectors.
    Only as input AFAIK

I think to remember that my old TV had a SCART connector for VHS recording ....

Featuring the analog signal as output is something completely new to me.
    See the setup for the SANYO VTC5000 here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/407321-Strange-buzzing-sound-capturing-from-Sanyo-...CR#post2670205
    .... I've had the machine connected through to an old CRT 14" TV and from there used a scart to comp cable with the USB capture device to my laptop in order to capture the signal to virtualdub. ....
    Here the connectors of a not-so-legacy TV. The SCART connectors support composite IN and OUT, plus RGB ....
    [Attachment 82626 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you for the quick replies ��
    Quote Quote  
  11. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Here the connectors of a not-so-legacy TV. The SCART connectors support composite IN and OUT, plus RGB
    I am surprised that you can enter into the TV with an analog signal and recover on the SCART configured as output that analog signal. I have never seen it, but myabe my experience is limited in this area.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    Here the connectors of a not-so-legacy TV. The SCART connectors support composite IN and OUT, plus RGB
    I am surprised that you can enter into the TV with an analog signal and recover on the SCART configured as output that analog signal. I have never seen it, but myabe my experience is limited in this area.
    Well, I have no proof either. The idea is to enter into the TV via the RF antenna plug (the SANYO has an RF modulator) and output via SCART composite. I never tried myself but I understood that this is what the other poster did.
    Hopefully obsolete as per Alwyn's experience with his SANYO beta VCR.
    Quote Quote