VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have a lot of DVB-S recordings made from satellite on an old Xoro 9000 box. The recordings are composed of several 1GB .ts files and I am using TSDoctor to combine them in to one .ts file.

I have come across one example where in the re-combined .ts file the audio and video are fine but the subtitles are out of sync. TSDoctor didn't mention or report any errors. What are my options to fix these out of sync subtitles? I don't think I can do anything else in TSDoctor?

Ideally I could avoid re-encoding the .ts file but interested to hear what the options are.

Any help much appreciated.

Flex
    Last edited by flexmcmurphy; 28th Sep 2024 at 07:24. Reason: Updating comment
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Once you combined into .ts files into one piece, it could be helpful to use mkvtoolnix GUI to create an mkv from it.
    If it seems good, work with that.
    You have to analyze the subs and figure out if they get progressivly worse, or whether it's'
    a similar amout off all the way through.
    You can use SubtitleEdit and it's synchronize tools to adjust them in a variety of ways
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Is it possible to just fix the dvb subtitles stream and re-insert maybe the .srt file back in to the .ts file without having to re-encode?
    I used Subtitles Edit to fix the offset of the subtitles. Can I use TSDoctor to add them back to the .ts file and not re-encode?

Flex
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not familiar with TSdoctor. MKtoolnix does not re-encode, just re-wraps the streams to an mkv
    Quote Quote  
  5. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I'm not familiar with TSdoctor. MKtoolnix does not re-encode, just re-wraps the streams to an mkv
    Can you explain why a remux from a transport stream to mkv should fix a potential asynch in subtitle stream? A transport stream is the "native" container of the dvb-s/dvb-t flows, including PTS (Presentation Time Stamps) and so on
    Quote Quote