VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Here is my issue and I can't find an answer anywhere, not even with the Corel support chat line. Those people in India don't seem to know anything.

When I go to export my project in Pinnacle Studio 26, there is a bar at the bottom that says "Used Space 84%." The program is crashing and getting very sluggish when exporting, so I need to free up some of that space, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how.
    • I have deleted my rendering files from my computer
    • I have deleted unnecessary video and image assets from the program I'm not using, to free up space
    • I have done a disc defragmentation
    • I did find a file on my PC on the following path: (C > AppData > Local > Pinnacle_Studio_26 > Studio > Scratch > RenderCache3. I deleted those files

I have looked everywhere to try to find where this space is being occupied, but I cannot figure it out. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to free up this space on this program? I just don't know where else to look
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is probably referring to the total space available/used on the SSD/HDD
    it's using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What davexnet said above.

Have you tried running the Disk Cleanup utility? I just ran mine and freed up 5 GBs.

I also use a free utility called Folder Size Explorer. This utility will scan your hard drive and tell you how much space each folder takes up. That may be a good starting point.

If you only have 1 drive then you should, at the very least, remove any software that you aren't using. If you can get another drive to use for Pinnacle related projects then that would be ideal. When I installed Pinnacle Studio one of the first things I did was setup the storage locations on drives other then my system drive.
    Quote Quote