VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've had no issues with Amarec for the past week, capturing VHS with GV-USB2. However after starting up my PC and Amarec, the video comes through fine, but the audio is a static mess (see attached).

Any idea what's causing this? I'm thinking it's the GV-USB2 driver
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The attached does not show anything. Post a real audio+video captured file (the blue screens are not in video/audio specs and are not relevant)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    The attached does not show anything. Post a real audio+video captured file (the blue screens are not in video/audio specs and are not relevant)
    It appears the video is having issues too also, which wasn't apparent at first.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by waxstone; 24th Sep 2024 at 14:31.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the report file from AmarecTV? (you should always enable its creation)

It seems to be a bad tape or a VCR problem. Eventualy try VirtualDub to exclude software bad setting. And try to see if a direct VCR-TV connection shows the same issues.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    Do you have the report file from AmarecTV? (you should always enable its creation)

It seems to be a bad tape or a VCR problem. Eventualy try VirtualDub to exclude software bad setting. And try to see if a direct VCR-TV connection shows the same issues.
    Same issue on virtualdub, so I then tried the Hauppauge USB-Live2 device, which delivered audio and video correctly. So not a VCR issue.

I tried the GV-USB2 again and it's working. No idea what happened, if it's the hardware or device drivers. Feels like something funky with the USB-Live2, but resolved now

I've found others have a similar issue with GV-USB2, their audio sounds quite similar:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BECWzkRzwEQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0VLK_DtYa4
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    It appears to be digital audio glitches probably driver related, Interference with the system audio drivers during monitoring while capturing, vdub should not exhibit this problem since it does have the option to turn off audio monitoring.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know what's wrong with your GV-USB2, but if you have the Hauppauge USB-Live 2 and a Y/C signal path, just use that, it's even better
    Quote Quote