VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. This user sent me this pm the other day in response to a thread I made about kanopy, what do you think ?

[Attachment 82335 - Click to enlarge]

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would ignore it since an account requires to pay for video to be watched.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    This user sent me this pm the other day in response to a thread I made about kanopy, what do you think ?
    I think that helping someone without accessing the service (I'm not even asking credentials by saying this but manifest or keys) is an almost impossible task. I'm willing to help people here and learn more about DRM.
    I explained why I PMed you in a message, which you didn't publicly reveal :
    [Attachment 82340 - Click to enlarge]

I don't know why you are trying to "expose" me like that ? Did I do something wrong ?

4. You tell me since you refused my request to post publicly in my thread instead of sending me direct messages. Did you feel like you were doing something wrong ?

Also your own screenshot shows you were asking me for user credentials. How exactly was that needed to help with my question ?
    Last edited by rodling; 19th Sep 2024 at 11:54.

Search Comp PM
    What exactly are you trying to prove with this conversation? Why leak a private exchange? I reached out to help you just like I’ve helped other members here. When I asked for credentials, it was for a reason I’ve already explained in the thread.

You also mentioned that I should have posted publicly, but I did reply in your thread, and it seems you didn’t even check my response. If I made you uncomfortable in any way, that wasn’t my intention.

6. Yes, your private message request for my user credentials, for a post about changing video resolutions on kanopy, did indeed make me uncomfortable. So I am not in need of your "assistance".

7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Click on the Report-link in the PM instead of discussing it here.