VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How could I achieve this? Subtitle Edit can read .sup positions, and can OCR .sup and save to .ass but it can't read and copy the positions of the subs and move it over to .ass?
    Is there perhaps a program that can do this? SRT unfortunately cannot display the {\an8} on my device so I thought maybe .ass would be a better option since it can display positions.
    Unless there's some sort of trick with srt for it to work on my hardware, but I doubt it..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is your hardware a Zidoo? If so the recent firmware update fixed that problem.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Is your hardware a Zidoo? If so the recent firmware update fixed that problem.
    Nope LG C9 USB port.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK Subtitle Edit can't automatically convert SUP to text-based subtitles whilst keeping positions.
    Should your TV display alignment tags as text, SE does offer the option to remove these.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    AFAIK Subtitle Edit can't automatically convert SUP to text-based subtitles whilst keeping positions.
    Should your TV display alignment tags as text, SE does offer the option to remove these.
    I know Subtitle edit well enough to know it can't do it.
    But, if software can read .sup positions, italics, etc, and can save to .ass after OCRing, what software can translate those positions from .sup into .ass style positions to match the .sup positions for the OCR'd subtitles I'd be saving in .ass is what I'm trying to ask.
    Quote Quote