VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Gentlemen experts,
    I know I've sent this file before, and it makes me embarrassed. But now the problem with the file is different. Can anyone help me if there's any way to convert the video colors to this result? I tried for a long time using several filters in Vegas, mainly the ''Channel Blend'', but I didn't get the same result (I'll attach a video comparing the two, mine on the right has blown out the blues and you can notice a greenish shading on the colors, while the one on the left has more vibrant light tones, and more regulated colors.) I would like to know what software they used to get this color result, maybe some script with Avisynth?
    Thanks to anyone who can help with this mission.

- Attached is the original video without color changes, and the video with the final color change in which I aim to achieve the goal.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is a picture of the frame and video comparing my bad result (frame on the right)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	amost.00.png
Views:	36
Size:	971.5 KB
ID:	82221  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You can do a grading like that quite easily in DaVinci using color curves emphasizing the blues. Maybe use a few Power Windows. There are many great tutorials on YouTube. Look for Casey Faris.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't understand from your description what you want to do. The stage lighting is blue. Do you want to remove the blue tint?

In Vegas, most color grading is done with the Color Corrector. You can use the eyedropper to click on a neutral "color" for the shadow, midtone, and then the highlight. That will provide a start towards getting a "true" representation of the original. For color that is introduced by stage lights, you will have to do it by hand using the color wheels. Just move the dot in the center to the opposite side of the wheel from the color you are trying to reduce.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here's a quick attempt with AviSynth.

Code:
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=60, off_y=-18)
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="PC.601").RGBAdjust(r=190.0/167.0, g=163.0/126.0, b=140.0/87.0).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.601")
    Tweak(sat=1.4)
    [Attachment 82239 - Click to enlarge]

That's th he target video on left, the NTSC video modified on right (crudely resized for StackHorizontal).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Here's a quick attempt with AviSynth.

Code:
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=60, off_y=-18)
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="PC.601").RGBAdjust(r=190.0/167.0, g=163.0/126.0, b=140.0/87.0).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.601")
    Tweak(sat=1.4)
    [Attachment 82239 - Click to enlarge]

That's th he target video on left, the NTSC video modified on right (crudely resized for StackHorizontal).
    Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for!
    Quote Quote