VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Is this possible?

I've tried and while I've managed to burn a disc that plays the stereo embedded audio, I think I need to convert Dolby Digital to DD HD and DTS to DTS-HD.....

Am I on the right track and how might I go about this? I've tried Ashampoo Burning Studio 25 and got a blu ray that plays but it ignored the DD and DTS and just plays the embedded stereo file. Also every few seconds it's briefly a little blurry (might be framerate issue).

I've also looked at BDRB (Blu-Ray Disc ReBuilder) but need to do more homework here...

Any help / pointers would be hugely appreciated.

-Stuffy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Ok,

I'll keep searching and post back if I find a way to do what I'm trying to do....

-Stuffy
    Quote Quote  
  3. Take the video from the blu ray\BDMV\STREAM folder (usually the largest & will have a name like 00000.m2ts).
    Download TSMUXER
    Open the video in it & keep only the video & audio track you want.
    The DTS-HD Master Audio.
    uncheck all the AC-3 or other audio tracks.
    You might need to keep one AC-3 track or create one.To be BD compliant.
    Read the topic:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/408605-Burning-MKV-To-Blu-ray

Output it to a bluray folder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Cholla,

So I have the 1080p video as an MP4 with just the stereo file.

Seperately I have (from the DVD) a DTS file and a Dolby Digital file (or files - i.e. I have both the whole show and then individual tracks).

So as a simple test I pulled in one track from the MP4 and I had successfully added the DTS and DD audio using MP4Box and tried that.

I removed / unchecked the DD and DTS options and it spit out a file but it plays at around 10x speed with no sound.... as you can hopefully see from the screenshot...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WB- TSMUXER screenshot.png
Views:	14
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	82209  

Quote Quote  
  5. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Also, just to say, my LG tv recognises (when playing the MP4 with embedded DD and DTS) the various audio streams and outputs then fine to my surround amp.

But to get a working bluray seems a whole lot more complex as I think the DD and DTS streams need to be upcoded to DD Master or DTS HD or something.

Not sure how to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 82210 - Click to enlarge]

So you see here what Media Info reports....
    Quote Quote  
  7. I looked & found some information on doing what you want the other direction.
    Nothing for upscaling the audio from " Dolby Digital to DD HD and DTS to DTS-HD....."
    I do not know how to do that.
    I hope someone will answer with a way to do it as I would like to know if it is even possible.
    I originally thought you were working with a bluray rip.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Cholla,

Yeah - almost 100% of the searches I did on the topic were about how to downscale rather than upscale as you've found.

I'm thinking there must be a way to do it although that may be via very expensive software....

As I said earlier, my LG tv will recognise and correctly output the 1080p video, DD and DTS streams to my surround amp, so if I can get it to also recognise the chapter points that might do for now.

I do really want to make a playable Blu-ray though, so will keep looking.

Thanks again for your help.

-Stuffy
    Quote Quote  
  9. Stuffy McStuff
    Search Comp PM
    Ok - I got a working Blu-Ray - I removed the DTS and the Dolby Digital and just used the stereo track on the MP4.

Removed using MP4Box, encoded with TSMUXER.

I will keep looking at trying to re-encode the audio to formats that will work on Blu-Ray and post back if any luck
    Quote Quote