VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Do someone has a service manual for Sony EV-S3000 which also contains schematics for the RP-116 head amp board?
    None of the manuals that I found online hasn't have that board. The pages are missing.
    I have a Sony EV-BS3000. According to the service manual for Sony EV-S3000, both machines are quite similar.
    The manual for Sony EV-BS3000 seems impossible to find.
    The machine that I have, has the following problems:
    - the electrolytic caps on power supply were leaking. The traces were heavily corroded. That problem I solved;
    - the SMD caps on RP-116 head amp board and on TBC board were leaking. Some of them were already detached from the board. Some traces were corroded. I replaced all with electrolytic and I checked for short circuits.
    If at the beginning, the machine had no image and sound at all, after replacing the capacitors, there is an image but totally unintelligible and the sound is intermittent (mostly without sound).
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jonnybravo View Post
    Do someone has a service manual for Sony EV-S3000 which also contains schematics for the RP-116 head amp board?
    None of the manuals that I found online hasn't have that board. The pages are missing.
    I have a Sony EV-BS3000. According to the service manual for Sony EV-S3000, both machines are quite similar.
    The manual for Sony EV-BS3000 seems impossible to find.
    The machine that I have, has the following problems:
    - the electrolytic caps on power supply were leaking. The traces were heavily corroded. That problem I solved;
    - the SMD caps on RP-116 head amp board and on TBC board were leaking. Some of them were already detached from the board. Some traces were corroded. I replaced all with electrolytic and I checked for short circuits.
    If at the beginning, the machine had no image and sound at all, after replacing the capacitors, there is an image but totally unintelligible and the sound is intermittent (mostly without sound).
    Thank you!
    is this what your looking for ?? - https://archive.org/details/manual_EVS3000_SM_SONY_EN/mode/2up
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Thanks, but unfortunately, no. This manual is incomplete also.
    The pages from 90 to 94 are missing containing what I'm looking for, RP-116 head amp board.

[Attachment 82147 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have time to do any research, but I often find useful service information by looking at similar units. Look at Sony models from roughly the same year as your model, preferably with a model number that is close to yours. Many of the components and circuit boards are often identical or, even if there are changes, they are similar enough that you can get information that will help you fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!
    Thanks dellsam34, but this manual is not complete either.
    I found 3 scans of the manual on the internet, all being roughly similar. All of them has the same pages missing.
    Pages from 91 to 94, RP-116 head amp board and pages from 81 to 86, pin description of tuner/timer control.
    I will try what johnmeyer has said, maibe I can find a similar board between all the Sony models from that period.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had a moment, and after a little research found that the EV-S2000 is cosmetically quite similar, with the loading in the same place, and a jog shuttle wheel.

I only downloaded one service manual (at electrotanya) and it did have quite a few pages missing. However, if the model is similar enough, perhaps the missing pages will be different than the ones missing in the manuals you have already downloaded.
    Quote Quote