VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys.

Let's say I have an M3U8 manifest and want to download/map ID:0. I could use this basic command: ffmpeg -i "M3U8URL" -map p:0 -c copy out.ts .

However that file just keeps growing in size and it does not have overwrite function. What I would really like and what I am trying to achieve is having a single file per stream which I can play at any time which will have a buffer of let's say 60 seconds. The file should be overwritten continuously and as such not grow beyond a certain size.

Is there any way to achieve this? I am on both Windows and Linux if either is easier.

Thx,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use output into a FIFO file or pipe
    Buffer can be set in the ffmpeg command
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks notaghost. Can you give me an example command of this? And would this be on Windows or Linux?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why don't you use ffmpeg to create M3U8 segments from a live M3U8 stream, where old segments are replaced and the file size remains relatively stable?
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sounds like a good solution. However I need one file, so that I can play it and have it continue playing. Should I concatenate them then and how would I ensure that the file does not become too big? Let's say I want it max 100MB or even better a buffer of 10 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can create a rtp server with ffmpeg to do that.
    Quote Quote