VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey there! Brand new member here with a potentially rather strange request but this looked like the place to get the answers. I’m on a MacBook Pro and I have indeed burned a few blu-ray discs before, most recently using Leawo to author the image and then burning with Toast. For the past few weeks I’ve been working on collecting and editing the individual videos for a crazy project I got into my head, my Glam + Glitter Video Jukebox, based on a playlist of my favorite (mostly) 70s “glam rock” era classics. I finally finished the clip gathering/editing last night and it’s just over 30GB, about 225 videos, and all MP4 files at 29.97 fps and 1080p.

So what I’m hoping I can achieve with burning to an actual disc is having no menus or anything, just a blu-ray disc authored to automatically play and randomly generate and shuffle between all these individual clips, with no gap at all in between, so it’s never the same playlist any time you press play, and definitely no clips are repeated after they’ve played once (since this is well over 13 hours total).

Please, please, please tell me there’s a way to make this work. I’ve worked so hard on this already and I just want to be able to make this silly little dream a reality. Thanks so much! xxtyler
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There IS a way to make this work. Just not on a Mac.
    And you would need somewhat more advanced (read $$) Bluray authoring software. Certainly much more than Toast is able to do. Most likely, Blu-Disc Studio Lite is probably your cheapest option.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    There IS a way to make this work. Just not on a Mac.
    And you would need somewhat more advanced (read $$) Bluray authoring software. Certainly much more than Toast is able to do. Most likely, Blu-Disc Studio Lite is probably your cheapest option.

Scott
    Oh gosh, I was afraid of that. Well, I wonder if I might be able to find any friends who have that or access to it. But thanks for your reply!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Menu-less discs are my preference, and this is simple to do in TAW
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw7.html

Windows only, not Mac.

Apple has always been very anti-video, aside from their "blessed"/approved workflows (SD DV, HD MOV). Great platform, just not for most video work.

Leawo is scammy Chinese software (Chinaware), example, wrappers on freeware. I'd have to double check, but I think they're also rampant spammers on video sites, or at least were in the past. Fake reviews, etc.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Menu-less discs are my preference, and this is simple to do in TAW
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw7.html

Windows only, not Mac.

Apple has always been very anti-video, aside from their "blessed"/approved workflows (SD DV, HD MOV). Great platform, just not for most video work.

Leawo is scammy Chinese software (Chinaware), example, wrappers on freeware. I'd have to double check, but I think they're also rampant spammers on video sites, or at least were in the past. Fake reviews, etc.
    Thanks for that! And sorry if I completely missed it on that page, but would this program allow me to author the BD to always randomly generate/shuffle the videos like I’m wanting?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not aware of any way to shuffle within the disc contents. The player must handle the shuffle.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Still struggling with this. And I’m just curious if it would be worth it to try to get a cheaper PC just for these types of projects as it seems that all of the programs still available only work on Windows?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Libertine90 View Post
    Still struggling with this. And I’m just curious if it would be worth it to try to get a cheaper PC just for these types of projects as it seems that all of the programs still available only work on Windows?
    Keep in mind if you decide on another PC for Windows.
    When working with video the more CPU cores the better.
    This probably holds true for the GPU as well as some programs can use the GPU to speed things up.
    "Cheap" is probably not the way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Originally Posted by Libertine90 View Post
    Keep in mind if you decide on another PC for Windows.
    When working with video the more CPU cores the better.
    This probably holds true for the GPU as well as some programs can use the GPU to speed things up.
    "Cheap" is probably not the way to go.
    There’s something else I was afraid of. I’ve had no issue burning “normal” BDs on my MacBook but of course this particular project I just had to create to cause problems. I’d hate to buy another computer just for this one project so it’d really be easier to find someone who already has the capabilities who could just write the disc image for me. I’ve already got all the videos uploaded to GoogleDrive too
    Quote Quote