VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to open a video in MeGUI with a code from AvsP, but I keep getting "script error: there is no function named 'DirectShowSource'."
    I tryied some solutions that were offered here, but non of them worked. I think the problem is realeted to the avisynth plugins but I'm not sure, and i dont know how to fix it
    Quote Quote  
  2. You'd better post the complete script. DirectShowSource is built in to AviSynth, so there's probably more to it than that. You're sure you have a good install of AviSynth?
    Also, DirectShowSource is a lousy source filter and most people use other source filters, depending on what the video is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tryied to install it a few more times after i got the error, but it didnt help. downloaded it from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/
    what part of the script are important?
    Quote Quote  
  4. megui already has its portable avisynths, the problem is that you don't have to make them update to version 3.7.3 but you have to leave them at 3.5.1, you see them in Tool --- update. Anyway I use the 2944 version of megui which is more stable and I don't update either avisynth or ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by noFriends View Post
    what part of the script are important?
    I don't use MeGui, so I suppose the scripts are huge, but only a small part is actually used? If so, the lines without '#' before them. Or the entire thing in small script. You can choose a smaller font size in "sizes->1" above your reply.

Or, probably better, follow Goku73's advice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i dont fully understand what do you mean
    but I coppied the filters to the file tools->avs->plugins and it worked for ssome reason
    thank you all!
    Quote Quote