VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello and greetings.
    I'm located in European country that does not offer German ZDF on cable, neither have my own Satellite receiver and dish.
    My favourite band announced this morning they will air some material on ZDF, while it already aired today couple of hours (thats very sad, not to announce couple hours earlier...)

That is why I'm asking politely (begging) if anyone can rewind and record this ZDF Moring Magazine 2024-09-03 0530:0900 CEST from their cable or cloud tv recorder or so....

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/zdf-morgenmagazin/zdf-morgenmagazin-vom-2-september-2024-100.html
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the link exactly what you need?
    I was able to download it with IDM but I guess you have something else in mind.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
    Hello and greetings.
    I'm located in European country that does not offer German ZDF on cable, neither have my own Satellite receiver and dish.
    My favourite band announced this morning they will air some material on ZDF, while it already aired today couple of hours (thats very sad, not to announce couple hours earlier...)

That is why I'm asking politely (begging) if anyone can rewind and record this ZDF Moring Magazine 2024-09-03 0530:0900 CEST from their cable or cloud tv recorder or so....

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/zdf-morgenmagazin/zdf-morgenmagazin-vom-2-september-2024-100.html
    Do you have a VPN with servers to Germany?
    Install MediathekView it is a huge database of over 500,000 titles including ARD, ZDF, Arte, etc. They are not encrypted and many have subtitles. Also a lot of original titles like in English you just have to select the correct title.
    You will probably find what you want there. Download using JDownloader.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you guys, as always "Fast and Furious"

Actually the main "hiccup" here was this VPN. When going via Germany VPN suddenly the live stream started to work.
    I managed to rewind live to interesting fragment and download (manually,m3u8), limited to 720p, good enough.

Thanks of reminding me the MediathekView, will definitely add to a watch list. In the end, neither the zdf.de page nor Mediathek had full video I was interested in (they had 6min of talking heads ) although from my band's interview, ZDF uploaded half later that day.

Just to explain, the perceived urgency and my scream, was to have a chance of capturing the running-away train, live stream, not a static record...

FYI, shall you even need to record live Yt (not a case here), and missed the beinning, there is https://github.com/Kethsar/ytarchive
    "This is most useful for streams that have already started and you want to download"
    Quote Quote