VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by cultsmasher View Post
    I checked out virtualdub. It didn't seem to be able to do what I wanted it to do.
    What does it not do for you? VirtualDub2 can capture video from almost any capture device. It can convert almost any video, from any container, any video/audio codec, to many other containers with many video/audio codecs. If your computer is fast enough and you use proper settings it can capture and save with the codecs in one step.

I don't remember exactly. Over the past few days I have been downloading all sorts of programs. For some reason, virtualdub didn't work. I sent you another reply before I saw this one that you apparently just posted. In it I mentioned a problem I had with the video file I have on my computer. It is shown as a AVCHD video. It plays both the video and audio right, on my computer. When I play it I think it uses the VLC Media Player to do it. But that file can't be exported anywhere for some reason. That could be the problem I had with VirtualDub. It might have wanted me to drag and drop that file onto its page so it could do its thing with it. But that file is immune from being dragged and dropped anywhere like any other video file would be able to do. Maybe it is because that file was viewed first through the VLC media player, captured with the Free Cam 8 screen record software and then converted into an MP4 file by Any Video Converter. What I think I need is a good, rock solid media viewer that can also record and save that file as whatever type of like you want. I didn't have any luck with the VLC media player itself being able to do that. Maybe they have a paid version that will.
    Quote Quote  
  2. All your speculation is nonsense. You aren't providing any useful information. What you need to do is use MediaInfo to tell you (and us) exactly what you have. VirtualDub, AviDemux, Handbrake, and a dozen other free, open source programs can convert to MP4 properly if you use the them properly.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    VLC is apparently able to record streaming video, though I never learned how. There is probably a tutorial around that is simple enough for me to follow without undue strain.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    All your speculation is nonsense. You aren't providing any useful information. What you need to do is use MediaInfo to tell you (and us) exactly what you have. VirtualDub, AviDemux, Handbrake, and a dozen other free, open source programs can convert to MP4 properly if you use the them properly.
    "Speculation nonsense?" What, are you turning all troll on me? I told you exactly what programs I was using and how I used them. Along with what they didn't do. For example, I did another video capture test. It recorded the file and it shows up in my videos section as a WMV video. It plays fine on my computer. If I try to transfer it to my thumb drive and play that through my PS3, it will either play fast or show up as unsupported data. Which is strange. Because I have other videos on my thumb drive listed as WMV videos. And they play fine. If I try and take that file and try to convert it in the Any Video Converter to a MP4 video, it does nothing. If I try to save it with using the Free Cam 8 screen recorder, then convert that file into an MP4 file with the AVC program and save that on my thumb drive, it will play fast when I play it through my PS3. Or it my show up as unsupported data. I have tried so many things its hard to keep track.

I have found it suggested to use a program called PSP video 9. Which is supposed to re-encode a video file into a playable copy. It didn't do anything. So the search continues for a program that will do what I want it to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    VLC is apparently able to record streaming video, though I never learned how. There is probably a tutorial around that is simple enough for me to follow without undue strain.
    I don't stream. What I do is through a direct HDMI to USB connection. And as I said, it will play fine on my computer. But trying to transfer that program onto my thumb drive to play through my PS3 just doesn't work. At one point I was able to download a video file onto my thumb drive that did play both video and sound through my PS3. But the video and audio were way out of sync.

Everything I have been trying to do I have been using free programs to try and do it with. Nothing so far worked. Maybe what I need to do is start looking around for some software that you need to pay for. Something that will both play and save what I am receiving through my USB drive. And save it in any format I want. For me the best of which is an MP4 file format. But before I go through the trouble of buying any software, I am going to have to contact those who made the software. Then tell them what I am trying to do and if their software will allow me to do it. And if it doesn't, can I get a refund.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cultsmasher View Post
    For example, I did another video capture test. It recorded the file and it shows up in my videos section as a WMV video. It plays fine on my computer. If I try to transfer it to my thumb drive and play that through my PS3, it will either play fast or show up as unsupported data. Which is strange. Because I have other videos on my thumb drive listed as WMV videos. And they play fine. If I try and take that file and try to convert it in the Any Video Converter to a MP4 video, it does nothing. If I try to save it with using the Free Cam 8 screen recorder, then convert that file into an MP4 file with the AVC program and save that on my thumb drive, it will play fast when I play it through my PS3. Or it my show up as unsupported data. I have tried so many things its hard to keep track.
    Your very first step, recording as WMV, is probably the root of your problems. WMV is an inherently variable frame rate format. Most Windows video players can deal with that but editors usually cannot. Also WMV is a container format (like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.). It can contain many different things. So just because a player can play some WMV files doesn't mean it can play all WMV files.

You're best bet is to record as AVI (an inherently constant frame rate format) with a lossless codec (huffyuv, lagarith, ut video codec) or low compression all I frame format like MJPEG. Keep audio as uncompressed PCM.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    . Also WMV is a container format (like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.). It can contain many different things. So just because a player can play some WMV files doesn't mean it can play all WMV files.

You're best bet is to record as AVI (an inherently constant frame rate format) with a lossless codec (huffyuv, lagarith, ut video codec) or low compression all I frame format like MJPEG. Keep audio as uncompressed PCM.
    Yep, I've run into that: some exotic or uncommon flavor of WMV video file that just doesn't play nice with my usual playback options.

Incidentally, I've collected thousands and thousands of video files, across a gamut of video formats. And WMV is one I'd rather avoid, or else convert it into some much more pliable format. These are run from either portable HDD or thumbdrive (or SD Card) into various playback devices connected to a bigscreen tv, most often the USB port of my Oppo BR deck. I choose this because the WiFi here sux, and so the streaming naturally does as well. (Local control of direct playback is King !) What typically happens here when there is a problem -- presumably caused by some incompatible / unsupported codec -- is that I get either an "Unsupported Format" error, or else there may be sound but no video, or vice-versa. In such cases, switching to playback on Nvidia Shield using VLC will very likely yield the desired result.

My favored converters are payware: WinX from Digiarty, and Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro. Can't recall a case where they've failed me. Both programs have now undergone "updates" to AI-enabled versions (the often empty, needless, hype buzzword du jour), but I continue getting good results from my prior versions, so I'm content with them.

Probably best to rely on the free MediaInfo utility, to determine exactly what happens to be inside those containers.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    For example, I did another video capture test. It recorded the file and it shows up in my videos section as a WMV video. It plays fine on my computer. If I try to transfer it to my thumb drive and play that through my PS3, it will either play fast or show up as unsupported data. Which is strange. Because I have other videos on my thumb drive listed as WMV videos. And they play fine. If I try and take that file and try to convert it in the Any Video Converter to a MP4 video, it does nothing. If I try to save it with using the Free Cam 8 screen recorder, then convert that file into an MP4 file with the AVC program and save that on my thumb drive, it will play fast when I play it through my PS3. Or it my show up as unsupported data. I have tried so many things its hard to keep track.
    Your very first step, recording as WMV, is probably the root of your problems. WMV is an inherently variable frame rate format. Most Windows video players can deal with that but editors usually cannot. Also WMV is a container format (like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.). It can contain many different things. So just because a player can play some WMV files doesn't mean it can play all WMV files.

Thanks for the suggestions. But I was finally successful! Though there are some bugs to work out. To start out with, I recorded two new test video segments. For some reason, one of them shows up in my videos section as a WMV video and the other shows up as an AVI video. This time I did a free trial of Movani video converter. I converted both of my videos through the Movani. The AVI video when converted to MP4 showed up on my PS3 as unsupported data. The MP4 conversion I did with the WMV file showed up and played on my PS3. With both the video and audio in sync. The problem with Movani converter is that it costs around $43.00 a year. Over $50.00 for a lifetime membership. Before I came across the solution, I tried other programs. Such as PSP video 9, virtualdub, handbrake, and yadot video repair. None of them worked. And of course because I'm not trying to do anything with a DVD, so none of those programs will work.

As I said, there are still some bugs to work out. For example, I captured the video using the Free Cam 8 screen capture software. I'm not sure if free cam 8 was set to record in HD. Neither am I sure that my computer screen is set to show HD. I just succeeded a little while ago. So I'm not sure about other aspects like that. Also, I see that I got no reply about your reply stating my "speculation nonsense." Maybe you were confusing me with somebody who is an expert with computers. Which I'm not. So your insult was unnecessary.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    . Also WMV is a container format (like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.). It can contain many different things. So just because a player can play some WMV files doesn't mean it can play all WMV files.

Yep, I've run into that: some exotic or uncommon flavor of WMV video file that just doesn't play nice with my usual playback options.

Incidentally, I've collected thousands and thousands of video files, across a gamut of video formats. And WMV is one I'd rather avoid, or else convert it into some much more pliable format. These are run from either portable HDD or thumbdrive (or SD Card) into various playback devices connected to a bigscreen tv, most often the USB port of my Oppo BR deck. I choose this because the WiFi here sux, and so the streaming naturally does as well. (Local control of direct playback is King !) What typically happens here when there is a problem -- presumably caused by some incompatible / unsupported codec -- is that I get either an "Unsupported Format" error, or else there may be sound but no video, or vice-versa. In such cases, switching to playback on Nvidia Shield using VLC will very likely yield the desired result.

My favored converters are payware: WinX from Digiarty, and Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro. Can't recall a case where they've failed me. Both programs have now undergone "updates" to AI-enabled versions (the often empty, needless, hype buzzword du jour), but I continue getting good results from my prior versions, so I'm content with them.

Probably best to rely on the free MediaInfo utility, to determine exactly what happens to be inside those containers.
    As I said, I don't do streaming. But you should find my reply in post #38 interesting.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You've been asked to provide MediaInfo reports several times now. That is the single most important thing you could do to get help. Mediainfo will give details about the container, the video and audio codecs, the video and audio properties, etc. Almost all the information you have provided has been useless. Yes, it's because you don't know enough about what you're doing to provide pertinent information.

Here's an example of MediaInfo's text mode output:

General
    Complete name : D:\Downloads\ATI600capture.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 348 MiB
    Duration : 53 s 387 ms
    Overall bit rate : 54.6 Mb/s
    Writing library : VirtualDub build 32842/release

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : HuffYUV
    Format version : Version 2
    Codec ID : HFYU
    Bit rate : 53.1 Mb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 3:2
    Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 5.123
    Stream size : 338 MiB (97%)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings : Little / Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 9.78 MiB (3%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 34 ms (1.01 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
    And screen capturing is the worst way of capturing video. You should be capturing directly from the converter device. The HDMI/USB converter in your case.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Sep 2024 at 09:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Also, would you happen to have Brave browser on your computer? If you have Windows 11 or better, downloading it is no problem. But if you have Windows 7 as I do, downloading it can be a bit of a problem.
    If your (only?) computer is still on Windows 7, that also will be a serious issue and complicating things further of course.
    You still can get updates for Windows 7 from alternative sources, but keeping it as your main daily driver is already difficult now.

The problem with Movani converter is that it costs around $43.00 a year. Over $50.00 for a lifetime membership. Before I came across the solution, I tried other programs. Such as PSP video 9, virtualdub, handbrake, and yadot video repair. None of them worked. And of course because I'm not trying to do anything with a DVD, so none of those programs will work.
    Maybe you were confusing me with somebody who is an expert with computers. Which I'm not.
    Maybe I am using too many programs.
    After all this reading in this topic, yes I now understand you not an expert with computer that much.
    But trying/buying all sorts of random programs to accomplish your goal will not bring much good unless you do things step by step and try to understand what exactly every program is doing.
    And screen capturing is the worst way of capturing video. You should be capturing directly from the converter device. The HDMI/USB converter in your case.
    As mentioned before, your capture/workflow should be like this as here above written.

Well I looked at virtualdub. It looked like a load of crap that couldn't do what I wanted it to do. But I did decide to keep my splitter and video capture card. I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but I finally was able to save a test video to my thumb drive to play through my PS3. I got both video and audio. The problem was that the audio was badly out of sync with the video. But it does show that I am getting close.
    Well it is sure not crap, but it can be a challenge to get things correctly working.
    Sometimes i get confused and puzzled too why things not work as i want.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You've been asked to provide MediaInfo reports several times now. That is the single most important thing you could do to get help. Mediainfo will give details about the container, the video and audio codecs, the video and audio properties, etc. Almost all the information you have provided has been useless. Yes, it's because you don't know enough about what you're doing to provide pertinent information.

General

Video

Audio

Yes, you are right about the metadata thing. But it is besides the point. As I said, I was successful. No metadata required. Now if you wanted to know what settings I used in whatever program, that would be a different matter. Next, I did download directly from the splitter and HDMI to USB capture card. That was how I was able to view the video I wanted to capture. It seems to me that I took that file and tried to convert it directly to a MP4 format. But it just didn't work. That is why I went with the Free Cam 8 screen capture software. But then with that I wasn't able to take that file directly and save it as an MP4 file. I needed a good video converter program. As I said, Movavi video converter worked. But it had a watermark. Which I would have to pay around $43.00 to get rid of. Maybe there are other free converters out there that will work. Searching around for such things is still a work in progress.

Now I could probably cut out a lot of my problems if I got the Movavi video converter that also would let me do a screen save. But that costs over $200.00! (And that may only be for one year) That is more than I would want to pay. I'm not all that serious about doing what I want to do. As for the Free Cam 8 screen recorder, it may not have any time limit or watermark. But it only records in SD. Not HD. They do have a version that records in HD. It may also have other features such as saving the file in a MP4 format. But they want over $100.00 for that software. (Which itself again may only be good for 1 year) That too is more than I want to pay. Maybe if I was an actual pirate I would be interested in dishing out that kind of cash. But I'm not.

I did download some screen capture software that will allow you to record in HD without a time limit or watermark. It is called ShowMore video capture. But I have yet to test it out. As I said, all this is a work in progress. But at least I know what I want to do can be done. It is just a question of finding the right software.

Now, getting back to my ignorance concerning metadata and such, there is something that I am definitely not ignorant about. The most important thing of all. THE TRUTH! One of my hobbies is smashing cults. In that, I am unbeatable. The vast majority of people avoid the truth at all costs. They will even fight to avoid the truth. One of the highly unfortunate aspects of that is that there is more freedom of speech in Russia concerning the war in the Ukraine than there is here in the U.S. concerning most matters. But the vast majority of people just don't care.

Another highly unfortunate aspect of that is that the vast majority of people are incredibly stupid. For whatever they think the solution to any problem is, the exact opposite is most likely the case. There were also a couple books written on the matter. They are called, "The Book Of General Ignorance: Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong." For example, our system of government isn't a Democracy. It is a Kakistocracy. Which is rule by the incompetent and corrupt. I have some memes for you to contemplate on that matter. I wonder what you will make of them.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Here is how I capture from my Dutch HDMI cable PVR box using VirtualDub (2) and my ultra cheap USB capture stick I mentioned here earlier in this post.
    With all it's limitations it is still a useful and fun capture tool to play with.
    It should work the same with the newer MS2130 devices i think, only of course you will have more and better capture quality options available.
    As this was just a quick demo, the video settings/levels are not really adjusted perfectly.

This is how i initially set up my VirtualDub2 for my HDMI-USB capture device:

[Attachment 82178 - Click to enlarge]

Choose in what format to capture.
    I use MJPG and 25fps for our PAL system here, good enough for movies/series.
    Of course you change this accordingly for NTSC land.
    Again, if you are using the newer MS2130 devices and using USB3 , you can use YUY2 with full res/framerates.
    But MJPG is fine for this example now and the only useful option for this simple USB2 device.

[Attachment 82181 - Click to enlarge]

Compression settings when using MJPG.
    Nothing to choose here, as we capture the native compressed MJPG stream.

[Attachment 82182 - Click to enlarge]

If you choose YUY2, you get more and better options of course:

[Attachment 82183 - Click to enlarge]

Timing settings which work for me:

[Attachment 82184 - Click to enlarge]

Capturing:

[Attachment 82185 - Click to enlarge]

Convert the recorded MJPG AVI file to H264/MP4 using the easy Avidemux tool:

[Attachment 82188 - Click to enlarge]

The converted MP4 file which should play ok on any decent playback device.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by The_Doman; 12th Sep 2024 at 04:46.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by The_Doman View Post
    Here is how I capture from my Dutch HDMI cable PVR box using VirtualDub (2) and my ultra cheap USB capture stick I mentioned here earlier in this post.
    With all it's limitations it is still a useful and fun capture tool to play with.
    It should work the same with the newer MS2130 devices i think, only of course you will have more and better capture quality options available.
    As this was just a quick demo, the video settings/levels are not really adjusted perfectly.

This is how i initially set up my VirtualDub2 for my HDMI-USB capture device:

[Attachment 82178 - Click to enlarge]

Choose in what format to capture.
    I use MJPG and 25fps for our PAL system here, good enough for movies/series.
    Of course you change this accordingly for NTSC land.
    Again, if you are using the newer MS2130 devices and using USB3 , you can use YUY2 with full res/framerates.
    But MJPG is fine for this example now and the only useful option for this simple USB2 device.

[Attachment 82181 - Click to enlarge]

Compression settings when using MJPG.
    Nothing to choose here, as we capture the native compressed MJPG stream.

[Attachment 82182 - Click to enlarge]

If you choose YUY2, you get more and better options of course:

[Attachment 82183 - Click to enlarge]

Timing settings which work for me:

[Attachment 82184 - Click to enlarge]

Capturing:

[Attachment 82185 - Click to enlarge]

Convert the recorded MJPG AVI file to H264/MP4 using the easy Avidemux tool:

[Attachment 82188 - Click to enlarge]

The converted MP4 file which should play ok on any decent playback device.

Well I'm not from the Netherlands. I'm from the U.S. Whatever you do over there may not work over here. I also did an Amazon search for PVR boxes. They aren't cheap. Unless you go with something that uses RCA cables. Which I'm not interested in. If I can find the right software, I can do what I am trying to do the way I am trying to do it. There are plenty of programs out there that claim to be free. But when you actually check them out, it turns out you have to pay for a version that works the way you want it to work. So the search continues.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You've been asked to provide MediaInfo reports several times now. That is the single most important thing you could do to get help. Mediainfo will give details about the container, the video and audio codecs, the video and audio properties, etc. Almost all the information you have provided has been useless. Yes, it's because you don't know enough about what you're doing to provide pertinent information.

General

Video

Audio

I see that you had no reply to my last reply for you. Could it be that my reply about capturing video was satisfactory? Though my search for free programs to do what I want to do continues. But as far as the VLC Media Player goes, I asked the Brave browser AI how to get the free version of VLC media player for Windows 7 to render content in HD. It was extremely useful. It directed me down paths I'm not sure I could have found on my own. And by going into the advanced settings, I think I have made it capable of doing things in HD. But I have yet to test it out.

I have also found a few other programs that may be useful. KMPlayer, ShowMore video capture and HD Video Converter. But I have yet to test them out as well. Another nice thing about the Brave browser's AI is that you can ask it directly if a particular program will do what you want it to do and anything else about it as well. It will give you the answer. An interesting point about using AI is that it takes 5 times more power to run than an ordinary internet search. But it does make things much easier. And we humans do tend to take the easiest path, don't we.

Speaking of the easiest path, that brings me to the second possible reason why you didn't reply to me. Which is what I added about the human condition in my last reply to you. That brought up what was the correct path is. Which isn't the easiest path. But the correct one. That in turn is why most people don't really care what happens. As long as it happens to someone else.

If that is your reason for not replying to me, you are FAR from alone in that regard. Over the years I have been banned from just about every political and Atheist forum out there. Starting out with Cultsmasher as my username. (There have been MANY other user names since then) You could find some things about me by doing an internet search for Cultsmasher. I just can't be defeated in debate. If they had all Nobel Laureates as members, they couldn't do it either. But if they were as smart as they are supposed to be, they wouldn't even try. Though I'm not absolutely right in every single point I make. I am only completely right about 98% of the time. Which I still think is pretty good. (All of which was done without the help of AI) Seeing how I can't be defeated in debate, all forums can do is ban me to shut me up. The filthy scum.

If you should ever find yourself in a position where you would like to know how real reality can get in a philosophical manner, there is one forum out there where I am free to speak my mind. That is probably because it is basically a ghost town forum. And most of those who are there are trolls. But at least I can say what I want. Though most of it goes into their shit section where you have to be member to even see it. But at least it is there. If you would like to know the name of that forum and what username I use there, just send me a PM and let me know. Though it is doubtful, I might just be allowed to tell you without getting banned here too.

Quote Quote  
  16. This is a link to program VLC to use bluray UHD :
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924

For the rest cultsmasher posted in #45:
    There is a reason political & religious posts are banned.
    It usually only causes problems & does not lead to the solution to the video problem.
    Most people have their own views & these can vary a lot between even two people much less all he people posting or even just reading a forum.
    That is why a person usually gets banned if they insist on political or religious posts.
    I will leave more to the moderators.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    This is a link to program VLC to use bluray UHD :
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924

For the rest cultsmasher posted in #45:
    There is a reason political & religious posts are banned.
    It usually only causes problems & does not lead to the solution to the video problem.
    Most people have their own views & these can vary a lot between even two people much less all he people posting or even just reading a forum.
    That is why a person usually gets banned if they insist on political or religious posts.

I'm not interested in recording bluray. As you may have guessed from reading the title of my thread.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by cultsmasher View Post
    I'm not interested in recording bluray.
    Where in my post did I write anything about "recording" blu ray.

I believe playing HD in VLC would be much the same as playing bluray.
    For a DVR isn't the highest broadcast HD the same for both?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    +1

@cultsmasher: keep your deliriums about something nobody cares here out of the forum; and while there, follow jagabo's recommendations and stop your non sense!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    I'm not interested in recording bluray.
    Where in my post did I write anything about "recording" blu ray.

I believe playing HD in VLC would be much the same as playing bluray.
    For a DVR isn't the highest broadcast HD the same for both?

Well you posted a link about using VLC for bluray. I took that to be about recording bluray. Seeing that is what I am interested in. Recording. Your post was also about Doom 9. Which I take to mean recording game play. Is recording from a bluray player or a gaming system different than recording content from a DVR that I rent from my cable company? I don't know. Neither do I have any interest in finding out. I am having trouble enough trying to find a way of doing it from a DVR. I could go into this more. But I figure, what's the point. Because I'm about to be banned. If you want to go into this more, come visit me at the freethought forum. I go by "disobey" there.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    +1

@cultsmasher: keep your deliriums about something nobody cares here out of the forum; and while there, follow jagabo's recommendations and stop your non sense!

Just so you know, the whole point of those other things besides recording was because jagaboo brought up a bunch of nonsense about metadata. Seeming to insult my intelligence because I'm not all that savvy enough with computers to use what are basically a computer programmers approach to solving my problems. So I just let him know that I was intelligent in other ways. Neither did I see jagabo recommend that I not bring up what I did. Unless you can look at his stopping to reply to me as a "recommendation."

Next, "deliriums?" To me, you are a worm. A sucker. A slave. You couldn't defeat me in debate on the topics that I think are important if your life depended on it. Not you, not your parents, not your grandparents or any of the rest of your mentally ill lineage throughout history. Nor any college professor you would care to name. Just let me know if you think you have the guts to try. I know of a forum where you could attempt to do so.
    Quote Quote