VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, finally, after tens of years, I replaced my old TV with a new Philips 65OLED908/12. Great reviews, highly recommended, blah blah
    I also ditched my 13 years of media player. Over the last few years it increasingly got stuck (had to switch of the power to get it working again) and the fan was noisy.

I connected the USB drive to the TV, it was detected, wow... folders were displayed .. again wow. MP4/MKV, no problem, but then...

Subtitles: on the old media player I could go into subtitles and select the preferred language.
    Regretfully, no such option on TV.
    Then I would like to play a DVD (with VIDEO_TS subfolder): no go. "Nothing detected"
    An ISO the? Bad luck, can not play (or something)
    A BD: forget it.

Got the feeling that I would be heading for disappointments...

It is an Android TV and Kodi was supplied: launched it (MP4/MKV, no problem) but same problem as above: VIDEO_TS, ISO, BD - no go.
    (The old media player could handle DVD5/9 and ISO, however, of course not BD UHD 2160 x265 and all those other recent stuff)

Okay, so, I have to go for a new, separate, media player. One that was/is highly recommended: the NVidia Shield TV pro.
    After some investigations I figured out that it could not play VIDEO_TS and ISO either (likely also not BD folders)
    Something to do with the OS: it's running on Android and requires 3rd party software that actually can handle the above things.

My old media player was not running on Android, but on an 'independent' OS, whatever.

Then I tried VLC, it took an awful lot of time before it even started. I guess it is building up an index of the external USB drive.
    For some 15 minutes or so, nothing seemed to happen. Nothing on screen of what it was doing, back and forth on the remote didn't work.
    Finally something showed up. Scrolling through the entries went sssllooww...sssllloww... (With Kodi and Philips software things went very, very fast).
    So, VLC isn't really an option. Frankly I believe it could not play DVD folders either, but I forgot.

All in all... I wonder whether there is anyone here who is using a separate media player, playing ISO, DVD and BD folders and connected to an Android TV.

After some searching I found Zidoo Z20 Pro 4k

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/spec/model/Z20+PRO/target/uXoirEESmeVKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html

or Dune HD Premier 4K (that seems to run on Android as well, but can do ISO VOB Video folders
    (MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, ISO, movie folder structures)

https://www.dune-hd.com/products/dune-hd-premier-4k-pro#specifications

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Me using a Zidoo media player to a SONY TV
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Does it play DVD5/9 and BD folders? and ISO ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes go to their site https://www.zidoo.tv/
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote