VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all. I recently discovered that Ultimate Vocal Remover does a mind bogglingly impressive job (somehow even with mono) at removing all but the vocals from a movie or if you choose the reverse, only keeping the music. It's of course even more effective with stereo sources. So I thought it'd be cool to see how my own 5.1 would sound. I created FL, FR from the original 2.0, generated LFE with a low pass filter, the C is the isolated vocals and surrounds isolated music... just as a fun experiment. The problem: once I got all the individual mono files I realized I don't know how to encode them to a single 5.1 track 🤦*♂️😅 ... are there any free methods or are all paid? Actually I used to play around like this years ago so I know there are hackjob methods like I used but can't recall how to go about the encoding part. Thanks for any advice
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh, also, I forgot to ask and am not sure where to look:
    When mixing for surround, isn't there a guideline where the levels should be set at a particular volume? I vaguely remember being sure to adjust the decibels of certain channels though I forget which and by how much
    Quote Quote