VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm capturing some MiniDV and DVcam tapes on the computer, first time using the sony vegas, I liked the quality, it's not much better than what I already did on the Philips DVDR 3355 recorder, it's like 3 to 5% better.

I want to ask for help from anyone who already knows how Sony Vegas capture works. The problem I'm having is that the program is cutting the scenes, dividing the files into batches of different sizes. How to fix this? I haven't managed it yet. I want a complete file without interruption or only when I decide to cut or interrupt the capture file.

Any advice using Sony Vegas to capture these digital tapes would be appreciated, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any reason you're not/didn't try using another capture software like virtudaldub? I have been using vdub 1.9.11 to digitize VHS tapes with pretty satisfying results.
    Last edited by Archiveuse_3000; 14th Aug 2024 at 17:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try winDV you can set it to capture the entire tape as one video or capture at time/date breaks.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/members/311259-Archiveuse_3000 sorry i can't even reply to your private message for some reason???
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Use WinDV or Sclive, NLE software just bloat your CPU for no reason and you could drop frames.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Litaiff View Post
    I'm capturing some MiniDV and DVcam tapes on the computer, first time using the sony vegas, I liked the quality, it's not much better than what I already did on the Philips DVDR 3355 recorder, it's like 3 to 5% better.

I want to ask for help from anyone who already knows how Sony Vegas capture works. The problem I'm having is that the program is cutting the scenes, dividing the files into batches of different sizes. How to fix this? I haven't managed it yet. I want a complete file without interruption or only when I decide to cut or interrupt the capture file.

Any advice using Sony Vegas to capture these digital tapes would be appreciated, thanks!
    Yes, I use it. It's the best. Try turning off scene detection in preferences.
    You can also enable the capture to stop when drop frames occur. This saves time if you have any hardware issues.

Quote Quote