VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I bought a new book from Amazon, with the 9th edition from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Despite the redeeming code for the site already expired (and it was only valid for 5 years anyway), I can use with my PC.

This is a DVD-ROM. The problem is, if I create an ISO, and try to run from my SSD, it will say it's being "emulated" (if I mount with Virtual CloneDrive, for example), and whatever I am doing, it's somehow detecting the disc is not inside the external drive.

So, every time I need to use this product, I need to fetch the disc, insert in the drive (again), and run.

Of course I need to find out what kind of protection this DVD has and how to defeat it. Or if I need to be a programmer to create a hack, due to not existing any software that can help me with this goal.

How do I find out what is going on, and how do I run this from a virtual drive, without the Windows 11 app refusing it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Perenista View Post
    I bought a new book from Amazon, with the 9th edition from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Despite the redeeming code for the site already expired (and it was only valid for 5 years anyway), I can use with my PC.

This is a DVD-ROM. The problem is, if I create an ISO, and try to run from my SSD, it will say it's being "emulated" (if I mount with Virtual CloneDrive, for example), and whatever I am doing, it's somehow detecting the disc is not inside the external drive.

So, every time I need to use this product, I need to fetch the disc, insert in the drive (again), and run.

Of course I need to find out what kind of protection this DVD has and how to defeat it. Or if I need to be a programmer to create a hack, due to not existing any software that can help me with this goal.

How do I find out what is going on, and how do I run this from a virtual drive, without the Windows 11 app refusing it?
    can you try playing the disc with VLC media player ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I forgot to explain this is a software, it needs to be installed into your PC, then you click to run. That's when the detection happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Perenista View Post
    I forgot to explain this is a software, it needs to be installed into your PC, then you click to run. That's when the detection happens.
    try this - Run program without dvd rom disc

You can run a program without a DVD ROM disc by copying the program’s files directly to your computer’s hard drive. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

Copy the program’s files: Use a CD and DVD copying program to copy the program’s files from the DVD to your computer’s hard drive. You can use Nero BurnLite, ImgBurn, or Alcohol 120% for this purpose.
    Create a folder: Right-click on your computer’s desktop and choose “New” and then “Folder”. Title the folder with the name of the program you are going to copy to your computer.
    Copy the files: Launch the disc copying program and click “File” and then “Open” and choose your disc from “Computer”. Then, click “Copy” and select the folder you created on your desktop as the “Save” location.
    Mount the disc image: Download a DVD image mounting program, such as Daemon Tools Lite, ISODisk, or MagicDisc. Mount the ISO file inside the folder on your desktop by right-clicking on the file and selecting “Mount”.
    Run the program: The program will launch and run like normal from the mounted disc image.
    Quote Quote