VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 65" TCL Android TV and I'd like to cast videos and pictures from my PC to the TV. The TV and the PC both connected to a fast router by cable. My PC identifies the TV and list it in the "Cast to Device" list (from the Windows right click menu) but the result on the TV is very-very poor picture quality and huge lag while playing a video. It's not about color calibration or similar, as suggested in other topics but the overall resolution, transmit speed and everything else just bad and completely unenjoyable. I tried to cast from Chrome browser it does the same crap quality and hugely lagged on TV screen. I also tried from VLC and it's only turns the monitor black and nothing happens on the TV.

Here's a video about the problem. You may not see the low resolution part of the problem because the whole video uploaded at low res I think but the whole screen with the background displays as it was keeping the monitor's 1920x1080 res, or even lower, unreadable, not upscaled to the 65" TV. But even if I try to cast a 2160p movie or 6000x4000 image from my Nikon DSLR they displayed by the same low resolution when cast on TV by any applications.

I don't have external devices like Chromecast or whatever, and I don't want to buy them. I believe smart televisions with Android/whatever well used systems and gigafast LAN / internet connections in 2024 should display high-res images and movies on their own. So I hope this is just some settings in Windows I missed or maybe I need a different player application on PC to play them in High-res. Any idea what should I do to fix this problem? Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It may be something peculiar to the TV, you may have to look at what it offers in terms of it's software
    to see what's going on and what to do.

I don't have any problems with my 2017 model LG TV (uses a proprietary OS, it's not Androdi).
    It has a DLNA service running (called Photos and Videos) from there I can
    "request" videos from the PC, or use "cast to" to send videos to it from the PC, as you did.

In the PC I'm using the built in Windows 10 upnp server, associated with Windows Media Player.
    This software serves the media as-is, there is no attempt to re-encode anything on the fly.
    The video played is full qualty, very little lag
    It's unclear from your post if this is what you have done or not.

Since your TV is Android based have you installed KODI? From there you can set up upnp as a source
    (in the settings, it's off by default) then add the PC source itself (the upnp server name)

In my case, to get some Android functionality, I bought the $20 Walmart Android TV box -
    I run KODI from there, works great)
    Quote Quote