VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all, first time poster, long time lurker. Recently installed avisynth+ x64 on my computer and have had about 50% success converting mkv files to mp4 through virtualdub2 (using QTGMC deinterlacer for interlaced content). The other portion of the time is spend ripping my hair out researching the out of bounds memory error fixes. I have attached the crash log and a simple avs script I am running.

I'm running on 6 cores, 12 logical processors, windows 10 64-bit desktop, 32GB.

Edit: I've also lowered the prefetch to 8 to see if that helps. One interesting note is I am running the exact same scripts and programs on a laptop as I am on my desktop but the laptop is windows 11 and slower, 4 cores, 8 LP and have had zero issues running scripts. Problem is one video takes about 6-7x longer to encode.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by SVAPrjm; 10th Jul 2024 at 14:09. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  2. Reduce prefetch to 1. Any better?

Remove the last filter in the script. Any better? Remove an additional filter at the end. Any better? Etc.

What codec is your source? FFmpegSource2() sometimes has issues. Try LWlibavVideoSource() instead (from LSMASH package).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Codec on the mkv container is usually mpeg2video, correct? that's what ffprobe tells me. I've been using ffmpegsource2 and using ffmpeg as the decoder on Hybrid as well, which also crashed. When I used "mp4box" (the default on Hybrid) it encodes just fine. I'll first try the LSmash package you recommended.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're not using the VDub2 32bit EXE by any chance? I get lots of memory errors using the 32bit version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    You're not using the VDub2 32bit EXE by any chance? I get lots of memory errors using the 32bit version.
    No, 64bit.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Reduce prefetch to 1. Any better?

Remove the last filter in the script. Any better? Remove an additional filter at the end. Any better? Etc.

What codec is your source? FFmpegSource2() sometimes has issues. Try LWlibavVideoSource() instead (from LSMASH package).

Tried LSmash and same result, crashed out of bounds memory error.
    Quote Quote