VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I took the videos with a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G smartphone, and then transferred them to my PC using Feem. After I uploaded it looked fine on youtube

Good quality video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKF3ETQs2E

But, bad quality when viewing in it VLC before I uploaded it, here..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=275yu9Giy_E

almost doesn't even move framewise, though the audio is fine.
    Last edited by videofan70; 9th Jul 2024 at 18:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those are NOT public youtube links.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes,they are unlisted, but I gave you the direct URL's you should be able to watch them, shouldn't you?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videofan70 View Post
    Yes,they are unlisted, but I gave you the direct URL's you should be able to watch them, shouldn't you?
    Post the youtube link for the video. This is the result of the studio link:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yt1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	80552  

Quote Quote  
  5. done, edited with the right links
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The second link looks like a screen capture. What did you do exactly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    The second link looks like a screen capture. What did you do exactly?
    Yes, like I was saying (well it's in the video description), I had to do a screen capture to show you what the bad one looks like, because youtube fixed the bad one when I uploaded it to them. I used OBS and took out a segment/part of it with premier pro, but the full version looks bad too, so I know it wasn't premier pro that made it look that way.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have a video that looks good on youtube but plays incorrectly in VLC?
    Upload the real video here for examination...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Says the max file size for an MP4 to upload as an attachment is 500MB, but I'm having trouble that it doesn't even start uploading it to here. At least I see no progress bar moving

edit- nevermind it worked.
    Last edited by videofan70; 9th Jul 2024 at 19:06.
    Quote Quote  
  10. here it is
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here it is

Is your PC fast enough to play 4k video smoothly? Thats quite a high bitrate, too
    I don't see anything wrong with the video.

Re-encoded to a smaller size:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 9th Jul 2024 at 19:40.
    Quote Quote  
  12. There's nothing wrong with the file. I had no problems playing it here with VLC (i9 9900, RTX 4060). I suspect your computer (Core Duo CPU T8300) just doesn't have the power to play it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Then why does it play fine on youtube, what did it do to it to fix it when I uploaded it. My computer had like 48 gigs of ram. If it's that what hardware is lacking? Just the CPU. I had to use a high bitrate because the lowest one wasn't recording it at all on my phone. Though I could try some in-between.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing inherently wrong with video, just needs a strong CPU and/or a GPU to play it properly.
    Youtube reencodes the video to a much lower bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by videofan70 View Post
    Then why does it play fine on youtube, what did it do to it to fix it when I uploaded it.
    Youtube reencoded with a lower bitrate and probably otherwise easier to decode settings.

My computer had like 48 gigs of ram.
    Not the laptop in your profile then?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Then why does it play fine on youtube, what did it do to it to fix it when I uploaded it.
    Youtube reencoded with a lower bitrate and probably otherwise easier to decode settings.

My computer had like 48 gigs of ram.
    Not the laptop in your profile then?
    Nope, I really need to update that. THIS is my system now. It is old, 12 years old, but I've managed to keep it running all that time, needed to update to windows 10, gonna stretch it as far as I can.

Here's my dxdiagfile
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GTX 670 doesn't support H.265 decoding, so no assist from the GPU unfortunately
    Quote Quote  
  18. The discrepancy in video quality between YouTube and VLC likely stems from a playback issue on VLC rather than the video file itself. VLC might be struggling with hardware acceleration or codec compatibility, leading to choppy playback. Try updating VLC to the latest version or adjusting its video settings, such as disabling hardware acceleration or changing the output module. Additionally, ensure your PC meets the video file’s resolution and frame rate requirements. If the video plays smoothly in other players or after upload, it suggests the issue is specific to VLC’s playback settings rather than the video file’s quality.
    Last edited by georgejohn21; 31st Aug 2024 at 15:14.
    Quote Quote