VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I got this Philips DVDR3575H DVD Recorder for free. It has both optical drive reader and HDD and HDMI output and it can upscale analog signal to 1080p.

But I cannot tell if the unit has line TBC and how it can be enabled. I tried to pass video from VHS both through analog out and HDMI out but it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference.

Is anyone familiar with this model or similar models from Philips?

I can provide internal pictures from the unit if you want
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pal or ntsc signal ?
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ilive in Europe, PAL
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know this specific model but i guess try the different inputs (front/back), some decks are notorious for that
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Annoyingly, the EU and US versions use the same model number but are completely different internally.

US DVDR3575H/37: Funai design, has line TBC (Panasonic chip from what I've read)
    EU DVDR3575: Philips design, no line TBC (SAA7136 according to service manual)
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VHS-Heaven View Post
    I got this Philips DVDR3575H DVD Recorder for free. It has both optical drive reader and HDD and HDMI output and it can upscale analog signal to 1080p.

But I cannot tell if the unit has line TBC and how it can be enabled. I tried to pass video from VHS both through analog out and HDMI out but it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference.

But you know that it doesn't make any sense to upscale a video from 576 to 1080?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rgr View Post
    Originally Posted by VHS-Heaven View Post

But you know that it doesn't make any sense to upscale a video from 576 to 1080?
    I know that it wont improve video quality. What isn't there wont be there even after the up-scaling. It could be handy to upload to Youtube if I follow the option to capture with HDMI to USB device without need to manually upscale it. Uploading to Youtube videos with resolution less than 1080p is a very bad idea because the compression makes a visible difference, especially at 480p.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Annoyingly, the EU and US versions use the same model number but are completely different internally.

US DVDR3575H/37: Funai design, has line TBC (Panasonic chip from what I've read)
    EU DVDR3575: Philips design, no line TBC (SAA7136 according to service manual)
    Thank you so much. I also got a Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HX750 that I actually paid 20€ to get it. Does it have live TBC or bad luck again?
    Quote Quote