VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It's going on two weeks now that it stopped working for me. I thought youtube changed something and as usual the software will soon update, but there has been no updates nor have I seen anyone else complaining. Wanted to check if it's just me or an actual issue. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use yt-dlp
    Last edited by aqzs; 30th Jun 2024 at 09:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aqzs View Post
    Use yt-dpl
    bruh
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What the issue with yt-dlp I don't understand ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. So, has 3D Youtube downloader stopped working for anyone else? Been a while and still can't find any other complaints.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    just ust yt-dlp?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think the OP only want to know if the software called 3D Youtube downloader really stop working, he don't care about other software likes you guys said yt-dlp.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adrian44 View Post
    So, has 3D Youtube downloader stopped working for anyone else? Been a while and still can't find any other complaints.
    It works fine for me but every time I open up the program and click download, it says failed but if I click the download button again, it downloads the video without any problems and downloads every file I try to download without any problems but if I close the program and open it again, I get the same failed message on the first download. I'm not sure which update broke the software but it's been happening for a while now. Kind of frustrating having to do that every time I use the software.

I downloaded yt-dlp-batch-v1.1.0 because 3D Youtube downloader doesn't do batch downloading but have been using yt-dlp-gui for it's ease of use. It doesn't do batch either so after reading the text file that came with yt-dlp-batch, I think I'll try using the advanced .bat file which allows you to pick from different video and audio files which is what I like about yt-dlp-gui.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could always give 4K Video Downloader a go if you want a nice GUI. I used that a couple years ago and it has never let me down.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    Originally Posted by adrian44 View Post
    So, has 3D Youtube downloader stopped working for anyone else? Been a while and still can't find any other complaints.
    It works fine for me but every time I open up the program and click download, it says failed but if I click the download button again, it downloads the video without any problems and downloads every file I try to download without any problems but if I close the program and open it again, I get the same failed message on the first download. I'm not sure which update broke the software but it's been happening for a while now. Kind of frustrating having to do that every time I use the software.

I downloaded yt-dlp-batch-v1.1.0 because 3D Youtube downloader doesn't do batch downloading but have been using yt-dlp-gui for it's ease of use. It doesn't do batch either so after reading the text file that came with yt-dlp-batch, I think I'll try using the advanced .bat file which allows you to pick from different video and audio files which is what I like about yt-dlp-gui.
    I guess I spoke too soon. I downloaded a few videos earlier today with 3D Youtube downloader but I just tried multiple videos and none of them would download. They must've decided to go payware. I heard you could do batch downloading with it but only with the pro version.

I just downloaded the newest version and the same thing happened. I'm guessing Youtube killed the software.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you so much everyone for your feedback and suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing Youtube killed the software.
    The software isn't the problem. YouTube just found a way to make it not be able to find what it was looking for. That of course is typical, but I would say stay tuned. This story isn't over yet. Websites have done similar things to prevent downloading many times. Someone always finds a way to get around those blocks. It's happened three times with this software, and they always find a solution.

In the meantime, I tried yt-dlp, which works fine on many sites but has never worked with YouTube and that has not changed, but 4K Video Downloader still works fine for free if you don't download much and you don't care about numerous bells and whistles you get with a pro version. Even though that would be nice, I don't buy downloader programs because you never know when they will stop working permanently...
    I admit to being a Rookie, and prone to Rookie Mistakes
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
    The software isn't the problem. YouTube just found a way to make it not be able to find what it was looking for. That of course is typical, but I would say stay tuned. This story isn't over yet. Websites have done similar things to prevent downloading many times. Someone always finds a way to get around those blocks. It's happened three times with this software, and they always find a solution.

In the meantime, I tried yt-dlp, which works fine on many sites but has never worked with YouTube and that has not changed, but 4K Video Downloader still works fine for free if you don't download much and you don't care about numerous bells and whistles you get with a pro version. Even though that would be nice, I don't buy downloader programs because you never know when they will stop working permanently...
    have you updated yt-dlp? their youtube script just updated 3 days ago
    https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/blob/master/yt_dlp/extractor/youtube.py
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by z1269925944 View Post
    Originally Posted by Axel Slingerland View Post

Looks like it works. I tried the yt-dlp.exe file in yt-dlp-gui and it downloaded the file I tried. I'll have to try some more files in yt-dlp-gui, yt-dlp-batch and Ffmpeg Batch AV Converter (You have to put the new yt-dlp.exe file in each of these programs folders).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by z1269925944 View Post
    Originally Posted by Axel Slingerland View Post

Only being able to make two downloads a day makes 4K Video Downloader worthless to me. 3D Video Downloader was my go to downloader until I found yt-dlp-gui which I had no problems with until the other day when it stopped working. Seems to be working now.
    Quote Quote  
  16. yes, I have the same problem, it doesn't work, the problem is that I used it in advanced mode, which allows me to load the quality format I need, and now it doesn't work, it gives an error.
    and I know that it's not the software itself, but the shenanigans of the dickheads at YouTube
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There was an update to yt-dlp today
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by apkemu View Post
    yes, I have the same problem, it doesn't work, the problem is that I used it in advanced mode, which allows me to load the quality format I need, and now it doesn't work, it gives an error.
    and I know that it's not the software itself, but the shenanigans of the dickheads at YouTube
    I haven't used yt-dlp-batch much but I did download some videos after putting the yt-dlp.exe file I downloaded the other day in the folder. 3D Youtube Downloader on the other hand is not working. The last time
    I checked, they hadn't released an update.

There is an even newer version of yt-dlp.exe. Hopefully they fixed a bug that I've noticed lately where it fails to download one or two files in a folder
    Quote Quote  
  19. After experiencing the same problems with 3D Youtube Downloader as adrian44 did I downloaded yt-dlp and yt-dlp-gui. I was able to download the videos I wanted. However, there was only one resolution available that had imbedded audio and it wasn’t the size I wanted. 3D Youtube Downloader always imbedded the audio with any resolution selected. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong. I can mux the video with the audio so no big deal. I least I can download what I want.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've found the best program for downloading youtube videos is Ffmpeg Batch AV Converter. It has many other uses and as the name states, it's a batch converter. Meaning you can convert folders full of videos or you can make a text file full of youtube dowload links and tell the program to Add Youtube URLs from file and it will load all the URLs on your list. You'll need to shorten the Youtube URLs to get them to load from the text file. it will load the long version if you load them one at a time.

Example:
    Long Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANvCea3qFU8&list=PLekGctMiXhLqRlIPfYxJh4-IlWee790_g&in...=5&pp=iAQB8AUB
    Shortened Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANvCea3qFU8

You need to put the newest version of yt-dlp.exe in the program folder. I always install the portable version of FFmpeg_Batch_AV_Converter.

https://www.videohelp.com/download/FFmpeg_Batch_AV_Converter_Portable_3.0.7_x64.zip

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp-nightly-builds/releases/download/2024.07.19.025855/yt-dlp.exe
    Quote Quote