VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to download the 1080p version of this Glastonbury recording:

Code:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0j2mlt8/glastonbury-aurora
    I installed get_iplayer (latest version from GitHub), I used a VPN for UK and I used this command:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" --get --pid=p0j2mlt8 --tv-quality "1080p"
    The problem is that this pile of unreliable software (apparently it was made in the horrible programming language Perl) always interrupts the download and gives errors. Is there any way to reliably download that video? Or at least to get the download link to grab it with either yt-dlp or streamlink? Those 2 programs can only detect 720p streams.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by elektro View Post

Code:
    I installed get_iplayer (latest version from GitHub), I used a VPN for UK and I used this command:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" --get --pid=p0j2mlt8 --tv-quality "1080p"
    The problem is that this pile of unreliable software (apparently it was made in the horrible programming language Perl) always interrupts the download and gives errors. Is there any way to reliably download that video? Or at least to get the download link to grab it with either yt-dlp or streamlink? Those 2 programs can only detect 720p streams.
    Perl is an incredibly adept scripting language and get_iplayer runs problem free for UK users. Don't blame your tools rather the tool using them.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download everything DRM.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes2.zip
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
     N_m3u8DL-RE 'https://mm.bidi.bbc.co.uk/vod-dash-uk/usp/auth/vod/piff_abr_full_hd/d033b9-p0j2mt15/vf_p0j2mt15_690a3195-feec-42c9-811a-91fc92e953dc.ism/pc_hd_abr_v2_dash_master.mpd?at=MFTtRmVN01b59114285289b7f050a8ca3d147b22ae8cc31961c0dce539280' -M mkv --save-name 'glastonbury-aurora'
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post

Code:

Code:
    Perl is an incredibly adept scripting language and get_iplayer runs problem free for UK users. Don't blame your tools rather the tool using them.
    I don't know if calling someone a tool is different in your primary language but calling him that seems unnecessarily rude to me?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aqzs View Post
    Code:
     N_m3u8DL-RE 'https://mm.bidi.bbc.co.uk/vod-dash-uk/usp/auth/vod/piff_abr_full_hd/d033b9-p0j2mt15/vf_p0j2mt15_690a3195-feec-42c9-811a-91fc92e953dc.ism/pc_hd_abr_v2_dash_master.mpd?at=MFTtRmVN01b59114285289b7f050a8ca3d147b22ae8cc31961c0dce539280' -M mkv --save-name 'glastonbury-aurora'
    What is this N_m3u8DL-RE? I can find this https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-CLI/tree/master without RE. Also how did you get that dl link?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by keep_it_breezy View Post
    Thanks a lot! But is there a guide how to setup this program to use it for BBC iPlayer? This seems more complicated than the usual CLI download programs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know if calling someone a tool is different in your primary language but calling him that seems unnecessarily rude to me?
    No-one gets away with slagging off Larry Wall.

But just what exactly does it have to do with you? Big guy trying to put the little lady right looks an awful lot like sexism to me. So piss off.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    Thanks a lot! But is there a guide how to setup this program to use it for BBC iPlayer? This seems more complicated than the usual CLI download programs.
    You need to read the README on github I would say, and follow and ensure it's correctly installed and you have the proper neccessary tools in the correct place. After you have that, let me know and we can get you some service files installed. It's not necessarily the easiest thing to set up, but the most comprehensive and extensible, so I'd recommend you learn how to use it and then you'll be able to download many many things.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post

But just what exactly does it have to do with you? Big guy trying to put the little lady right looks an awful lot like sexism to me. So piss off.
    Oh god you're such a moody narcissistic cow. I constantly see you being rude as **** to people. You're awful - piss off yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post

Code:

Code:
    Perl is a mess for twisted minds. Python is cleaner and superior. I have a feeling get_iplayer is full of bugs because it always "complains" about errors despite stable internet speed. I used yt-dlp to get the 720p version without major issues.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    You need to read the README on github I would say, and follow and ensure it's correctly installed and you have the proper neccessary tools in the correct place. After you have that, let me know and we can get you some service files installed. It's not necessarily the easiest thing to set up, but the most comprehensive and extensible, so I'd recommend you learn how to use it and then you'll be able to download many many things.
    I'm willing to learn how to use Devine. I know some programming as well, especially Python.

So far, I installed Devine with pip install, I copied the iP service from https://cdm-project.com/stabbedbybrick/devine-services to the right folder that I got from devine env info.

I used the command

Code:
    devine dl --list-titles iP p0j2mlt8
    but I get the error "Failed to load Widevine CDM, A CDM to use wasn't listed in the config".

What should I install/configure next?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    I'm willing to learn how to use Devine. I know some programming as well, especially Python.

So far, I installed Devine with pip install, I copied the iP service from https://cdm-project.com/stabbedbybrick/devine-services to the right folder that I got from devine env info.

I used the command

Code:
    but I get the error "Failed to load Widevine CDM, A CDM to use wasn't listed in the config".

Ah, excellent man - moving fast!
    So next there's a few of ways you can go about it - you can either:

a) dump a CDM from a real or a virtualised Android device (guides are in the sticky threads)
    b) Use one from this list : https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/413719-Ready-to-use-CDMs-available-here%21
    c) Use a remote CDM in your devine configuration (https://github.com/devine-dl/devine/blob/master/CONFIG.md#remote_cdm-listdict)

I think option 2 is likely your easiest option
    Remember, devine needs your CDM to be in a .wvd format, so the 2 files you'll download from the link given in number 2 will have to be converted into the correct format. Details on doing that are in the README of devine.
    Last edited by keep_it_breezy; 29th Jun 2024 at 16:51. Reason: replaced couple with few, as three is more than a couple
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM

Oh god you're such a moody narcissistic cow. I constantly see you being rude as **** to people. You're awful - piss off yourself.

Ooh! True colours eh?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post

Ooh! True colours eh?
    Blah blah blah whatever
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM

I used the command

Code:

a) dump a CDM from a real or a virtualised Android device (guides are in the sticky threads)
    b) Use one from this list : https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/413719-Ready-to-use-CDMs-available-here%21
    c) Use a remote CDM in your devine configuration (https://github.com/devine-dl/devine/blob/master/CONFIG.md#remote_cdm-listdict)

Remember, devine needs your CDM to be in a .wvd format, so the 2 files you'll download from the link given in number 2 will have to be converted into the correct format. Details on doing that are in the README of devine.
    I picked the option 2. I downloaded from the last link. The I used this command

Code:
    pywidevine create-device -t ANDROID -l 3 -k "C:\Work\private_key.pem" -c "C:\Work\client_id.bin" -o c:\Work\output
    And I've got a .wvd file which I moved it to %LOCALAPPDATA% devine\WVDs. But I've got the same error:

Code:
    Failed to load Widevine CDM, A CDM to use wasn't listed in the config
    Any config I should edit? Anything wrong on these steps?
    Last edited by elektro; 29th Jun 2024 at 17:27.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by elektro View Post

I used the command

Code:

I picked the option 2. I downloaded from the last link. The I used this command

Code:
    pywidevine create-device -t CHROME -l 1 -k "C:\Work\private_key.pem" -c "C:\Work\client_id.bin" -o c:\Work\output
    And I've got a .wvd file which I moved it to %LOCALAPPDATA% devine\WVDs. But I've got the same error:

Code:
    Failed to load Widevine CDM, A CDM to use wasn't listed in the config
    Any config I should edit?
    Good stuff - so then if you run `devine env info` you'll find the path to your config listed. Then you need to add or modify (I don't remember what it's like with the default setup anymore) your cdm line, it should look something like this :

Code:
    cdm: 
      default: nameOfYourWVD
    make sure your yaml spacing and all that is correct - it's particular with stuff like that
    Then at this point Devine knows a) where to look for your CDM (you've already put it in the right place), and what file it's actually looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I used

Code:
    devine cfg cdm.default wvd_name
    and instead of wvd_name I used the path to my wvd file.

Apparently it generated this content in devine.yaml:

Code:
    cdm:
      default: 
        C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\devine\WVDs\myfile.wvd
    But I get this error:

Code:
    Failed to load Widevine CDM,
         C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\devine\WVDs\myfile.wvd does not exist or is not a file
    Any idea what it can be? I made wvd variants with pywidevine using CHROME and ANDROID, L1, L2, L3, same result.
    Last edited by elektro; 29th Jun 2024 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    I used

Code:
    devine cfg cdm.default wvd_name
    and instead of wvd_name I used the path to my wvd file.

Apparently it generated this content in devine.yaml:

Code:
    cdm:
      default: 
        C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\devine\WVDs\myfile.wvd
    But I get this error:

Code:
    Failed to load Widevine CDM,
         C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\devine\WVDs\myfile.wvd does not exist or is not a file
    Any idea what it can be?
    Manually edit the config to _just_ have the name of your wvd in place - Devine knows where your wvds are located (as shown by running devine env info) so you don't need to tell it twice. The `devine cfg cdm.default wvd_name` with just the name of the file (that already exists in your wvds folder) will generate something like this (if your .wvd is named myfile):

Code:
    cdm: 
      default: myfile
    That way it looks in the path stated in your config, for the file named myfile.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM

Blah blah blah whatever
    It is so easy to wind-up the pompous!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    @keep_it_breezy: I used only

Code:
    cdm:
      default: unknown_android_sdk_built_for_x86_16.0.0_c4e2dd1b_8162_l3.wvd
    in devine.yaml and devine still complains about this file not existing.

Do you have any available wvd that's good for BBC iPlayer?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by elektro View Post

Code:
    cdm:

You don't need the file extension. I doubt there's anything wrong with that wvd r.e. BBC - you haven't got far enough to attempt to use it yet anyway. At the moment this is merely an exercise in path hygiene
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM

Code:
    cdm:

You don't need the file extension. I doubt there's anything wrong with that wvd r.e. BBC - you haven't got far enough to attempt to use it yet anyway. At the moment this is merely an exercise in path hygiene
    In this case, I'm stuck because the file exist and it's in the right place and yet devine claims it doesn't exist or it's not a file...

Anyway, thanks for help. Programs with too many moving parts are hard to setup.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Just use some software called TubeDigger. It just works!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by keep_it_breezy View Post

The thing is that I get Angela and also I see your point keep_it_breezy,
    but insulting others just does not help anyone here

"Don't bait" should be the motto or a signature note (I'm out of space in my...)
    If I was in politics I make sure you drink plenty of beer
    and watch plenty of TV to keep you busy.
    Quote Quote