VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a file where the DV was injected into the stream resulting in the final file showing this in mediainfo: "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 5, dvhe.05.03, BL+RPU, no metadata compression"

This file has no HDR fallback and shows incorrect colors on a device that can play most everything and in almost any format. Even converting this file into mp4 with ffmeg does not allow the player to read the DV metadata.

Same source but a different hybrid file has this in mediainfo: "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 8.1, dvhe.08.03, BL+RPU, no metadata compression, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version HDR10+ Profile B, HDR10+ Profile B compatible"

This file has HDR fallback and the player will not read the DV metadata and thus plays the show in HDR only.

I know one is P5 and one is P8.1 but is there anything wrong with the files, or the way the files were muxed, or even the way the RPU was injected into the files that would make the player (Dune HD Real Vision 4K) refuse to read the DV metadata? If so, is there a way to fix these files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt if there would be something wrong with the files. Don't know your Dune player, but I read it runs on a Realtek RTD1619DR which has Dolby Vision VS10 engine onboard, so it should be able to play play DoVi files. First thought would be a firmware upgrade. Next to, I can only imagine you have certain Dolby Vision-related settings not right. If theres's an entry with "player-led vs tv-led", toggle and see what happens. Another thing you can try is changing container format. For mp4 to mkv use MKVToolNix. For mkv to mp4 use cleverFFmpeg GUI.

Reading https://www.avforums.com/threads/dune-hd-real-vision-4k.2364933/ may help too.
    Quote Quote