VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well, It wouldn't be fun If I didn't f*** something up doors that won't close completely was easy fix.

I was thinking that someone who messed with VCR before me didn't screw all the way this screw(see picture), but later I found out that this screw is suppost to be like that smh... and now after I clean head and everything I got this kind of situation on video (see videos)

- on first play I got black and white/color exchange white some noise and picture is flickering

https://imgur.com/ygMXcWI

- on second play it's like tracking can't control tape or something and tape stopped playing

https://imgur.com/y1PiGLs

is that screw that I idiot touched cause of this problem or is it something else ? I did manage to get it back but not sure if it's back like it was before I touched it. VCR was reproducing picture normal without any problem before I re-grease it and touch that screw.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	131.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	80090  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 22nd Jun 2024 at 13:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check the cables first (inserted all the way in). You can also check the top of the head drum (the long metal thing much touch it (= grounding) Probably also a good idea to put the top cover back on. Some vcr's are more sensible to electro magnetic interferences (= noise on the picture) without the top cover on

Name:	vcr-pana-fs200.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	80093  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vcr.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	80094  

*** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    Check the cables first (inserted all the way in). You can also check the top of the head drum (the long metal thing much touch it (= grounding) Probably also a good idea to put the top cover back on. Some vcr's are more sensible to electro magnetic interferences (= noise on the picture) without the top cover on
    Hi, top cover was closed when playing. All cables are inserted all the way. Tracking and audio head are clean already with qtip. Top of that tip is touching the head.

sorry posted a picture of wrong vcr, but screw that I mees with is same, that middle one. Here is the right picture

Could this be a problem, I think cable unglue itself from that plastic and it'a one od that cables that you told me to check, it's located on the down side of vcr and connected to the motherboard.

EDIT:
    It's not cable it is half unglued, but pins are goin inside of the connector so it can't be that.

I have same cable from F70 model that is in mint condition not unglued like this in FS200. I'll try to replace it tomorrow, they have same number on the top 2896 and same pinout, I think lenght is also same.

Could it be that thing infront of the main head, btw those two screws seized up and I can't unscrew them. I found out on few panasonic vcrs that have same problem on same place.

Name:	20240622_224800.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	80096  

Name:	20240622_225306.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	80098  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 22nd Jun 2024 at 18:12.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What happen when you press on that cable , still bad pictures or better ?
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. I replace cable now, and now I got error on display when I try to insert tape 0AE4, and the tape won't go inside like mechanisam is stuck or something with that error code on display. I don't understand why, cable is same pin identical maybe 1-2cm longer but that don't matter... and it won't go to stand by mode when I press VTR button. And some sound is coming from inside like mechanisam is trying to pull inside tape but it's stuck. Did I screw something big now ?

Name:	20240623_111142.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	4.17 MB
ID:	80105  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 23rd Jun 2024 at 04:18.
    Quote Quote  
  6. same number of pins? if yes then you have inserted it the wrong side
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    same number of pins? if yes then you have inserted it the wrong side
    I inserted in the same way it was in F70 side on the board went in FS200 on the side of the board, and other side under that little board. I noticed that I didnt fully inserted the cable at first, but now I fully insert it, and still same.

EDIT:
    When I plug vcr in outlet, it instantly get that error and when I press vtr button it starts to load something inside with error on display, but I didn't want it to struggle so I unplug it what did I do wrong. There is nothing about this error on google or in service manual. Help...

here is picture of cables compare (I know that one is on the opposite site)

Name:	20240623_141247.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	80117  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 23rd Jun 2024 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You had the cover closed in earlier tests. Is the cover now off when you are trying to play the tape? Many VCRs have a sensor which is fooled by ambient light and, when the cover is off, will cause the VCR to reject the tape. Either turn off the lights in your shop or place the cover back on (you don't need to screw it back in place).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    You had the cover closed in earlier tests. Is the cover now off when you are trying to play the tape? Many VCRs have a sensor which is fooled by ambient light and, when the cover is off, will cause the VCR to reject the tape. Either turn off the lights in your shop or place the cover back on (you don't need to screw it back in place).
    Cover is always on when I test it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Thermaltake View Post
    I replace cable now, and now I got error on display when I try to insert tape 0AE4, and the tape won't go inside like mechanisam is stuck or something with that error code on display. I don't understand why, cable is same pin identical maybe 1-2cm longer but that don't matter... and it won't go to stand by mode when I press VTR button. And some sound is coming from inside like mechanisam is trying to pull inside tape but it's stuck. Did I screw something big now ?
    check the pulleys and see if a belt has come off or broken.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I replace cable now, and now I got error on display when I try to insert tape 0AE4, and the tape won't go inside like mechanisam is stuck or something with that error code on display. I don't understand why, cable is same pin identical maybe 1-2cm longer but that don't matter... and it won't go to stand by mode when I press VTR button. And some sound is coming from inside like mechanisam is trying to pull inside tape but it's stuck. Did I screw something big now ?
    Belts look fine, if you think about those one.

Everything worked fine before I went cleaning and greasing, but It's not my first VCR. Problem was that someone mess with it before me, but I test it before I open it and everything was working fine. It was dirty inside, and it needed re-greasing. That screw that I touched, don't know if he has to do anything with bad picture that I had on link in first post. After that someone told me check those flex cables, and then I noticed that unglued plastic that is going inside of the connector, and I replace that flex cable with working used one. Same pinout same number on flex cable, but different manufacturer, so It shouldn't make any problems, but I have and it's big one, with that error code on display which I can't find meaning anywhere on google or in service manual.

Name:	20240623_210135.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	80123  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 23rd Jun 2024 at 14:15.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    dose the tape not go in at all or goes in and spits it back out ??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    dose the tape not go in at all or goes in and spits it back out ??
    Tape doesn't go at all mechanisam is not moving. I push it in but nothing, when I plug vcr I got that error instantly, and something is working inside like it's trying to do something some part, and when pressing vtr button it stops like it goes in that normal stand by mode but with error message on screen. I can't see what part is spinning or doing something inside because cover is on...

I think I will give up and give it to my friend to take a better look. I have a lot of private problems and I'm already so exhausted...I bet it's not something big, he will know what to do. I was thinking I can do it on my own but I guess I can't.
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 23rd Jun 2024 at 14:31.
    Quote Quote  
  14. rookie mistake again, see solution below

Name:	headdrum.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	80132  

Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    rookie mistake again, see solution below
    damn....I didn't touch that cable at all, how come that cable got out ffs, maybe when I was pulling other one out I touched that one smh...
    I'll will take look at it when I got home and see if that solve the problem. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I check the cable it was good and inserted all the way. From bird view angle it looks disconnected. I tried reconnecting it, but still same error.

I also try to compare factory cable when inserted that came with vcr (but has few pins broken now). I'm not sure but I somehow don't think problem is in cable.

Name:	20240624_163041.jpg
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	80148  

Name:	20240624_170425.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	80149  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 24th Jun 2024 at 10:06.
    Quote Quote  
  17. it's not seated right, check again, all the way in and be careful they're fragile
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    it's not seated right, check again, all the way in and be careful they're fragile
    It is seated all the way trust me. It looks like it's not because that blue line/blue hard plastic is shorter on factory cable, it's higher on F70 cable for some reason. Personally I think older is more durable than newer one

Name:	20240624_172019.jpg
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	80152  

Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a little embarrased now, I got no excuse for this lol friend took a picture. I put the cable between connector somehow

Problem was that connector is very problematic for reach to connect the cable if you don't remove the whole mechanisam.
    And I didn't do that I thought that I could connect it without removing it. I was trying to connect it with spudger...and this is how I connect it But what can we do, we learn on my own mistakes I guess.

Plus that screw that I touched was tracking and audio alignment screw, and needed to be readjust again, that was also fixed. VCR is now working like a charm.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	80246  

Last edited by Thermaltake; 27th Jun 2024 at 12:06.
    Quote Quote