VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Mpchc is my favourite video player like vlc. I noticed that the video help forum has the latest version of 2.30. When I try to install, it, I was alerted by Windows and then by avast not to download it. Since I know the software well, I have chosen , any how download option. But, When I open the software , everytime, avast is scanning it with suspicious file and then it finishes the scan to open the software.
    I believe that it is totally false positive and each time avast scanning it is a kind of annoying the users.
    Do anybody experience this problem and why it is scanning everytime , i open the software.
    I am also writing to avast in this regard , a scan may be enough to permit one software or not. But why continuous scan. I do not know.Please say
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (2).png
Views:	38
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	79925  

Last edited by jraju; 16th Jun 2024 at 10:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, Mpchc is my favourite video player like vlc. I noticed that the video help forum has the latest version of 2.30. When I try to install, it, I was alerted by Windows and then by avast not to download it. Since I know the software well, I have chosen , any how download option.

But, When I open the software , everytime, avast is scanning it with suspicious file and then it finishes the scan to open the software.
    I believe that it is totally false positive and each time avast scanning it is a kind of annoying the users.

Do anybody experience this problem and why it is scanning everytime , i open the software.

I am also writing to avast in this regard , a scan may be enough to permit one software or not. But why continuous scan. I do not know.Please say
    This can happen with legitimate software occasionally. Add MPC-HC to Avast's exclusions list to prevent future scans. Make sure you download the software from a reputable source to ensure its safety.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, terry, thanks for the suggestion. After three days of continuous scanning on each time, avast stops scanning the mpchc and probably it allows the software after finding that there is no suspicious elements. Queries to their web forum evinced no replies . It is ok, if it is done once, and I have posted this query of continuous scan menace by avast. I had downloaded from video help forum site.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have to give it permission in win 10 also.
    There is no problem with this mediaplayer
    Quote Quote