VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Few years ago I bought nc+ telewizja na kartę (prepaid card) CI+ CAM with card.
    I used it with Mutant HD51 4K satellite receiver for a while and it worked then.
    Today I wanted to see if I can put some life into it. I managed to top it up by paying for one month, inserted the CI+ CAM in the receiver CI slot and left it on channel TVP 1 HD. After few hours when nothing happened, I sent an SMS to a mobile number in Poland and gave the card number.
    This is one of the ways mentioned in the documentation to activate the card. After waiting for few hours nothing happened.
    Another method to activate the card is to call a telephone number in Poland and talk with someone to do the activation of the card, but I can't speak Polish.
    I have no idea why the card is still not activated. Perhaps the CI+ CAM needs a firmware upgrade but I couldn't find anything about this.
    I suspect that my receiver is not able to deal with the CAM this time in spite of the fact that it worked before and that it supports CI+ protocol.
    Perhaps someone who is familiar with Polish TV would be kind enough to help me.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Moduł CAM CI+.pdf  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Back in the day when I acquired several official cards, it was the responsibility of the seller to activate it (unless such activation was automatic as is the case with UK $ky)

I notice that TVP HD uses NDS encrption. If such encryption has changed sice you previously used the card then you are SOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, my sat listing is out-of-date.

It appears that TVP HD no longer broadcasts on Astra. Only on Hotbird 13.0E with several encryption methods.

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=TVP
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The card is encrypted with Nagravision and I am supposed to leave it on TVP 1 HD channel up to 48 hours but that never worked in the past. nc+ channels are encrypted in Conax, Irdeto, Mediaguard, Nagravision and Viaccess NOT NDS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah. NDS was the encryption they used on Astra 19.2E. I do assume that your sat is pointing to Hotbird.

I have not rescanned Hotbird for quite some time (TVP HD apparently only broadcasted from there last year) since there are no longer any Chs (Italian ones) that interest me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There were changes in stream coding of NC+ (now Canal+) and therefore some tuners may no longer work with CI+ or CI (older) CAM. The problem is caused not by the CAM but the tuner. There are at least three Canal+ CAMs issued over the years. All caused problems for non Canal+ tuners. The tuner you have is unknown on the Polish market hence I don't if its software can be updated.

If you want to watch the platform there are two other options unless you can update your tuner: the cheapest is to buy a tuner from Canal + but you won't be able to get your recordings out of the box, and also your CAM will be useless as the tuner uses card only. Much more expensive is to buy a tuner based on Enigma 2 which is known to be able to decode correctly Canal+ CAMs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know if this applies, but since longtime here in Italy, there is a "marriage" between the Smart Card and the official receiver, so CAMs are not allowed (Sky Italy with NDS encryption). Not sure if the same applied recently to your provider. If not an Enigma2 solution (VuPlus, DreamBox or similar) may work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it helps, here is your document translated into English
    Image Attached Thumbnails Moduł CAM CI+ (1).pdf  

Quote Quote  
  9. @lollo, exactly. Canal+, like many other providers, wants to prevent sharing of recordings hence it pushes that CAM slots are authorized or/and streams are still encrypted and playable only by the device which recorded them (tuners, TV sets). Depends on a producer but some tuners overcome the issue. Others don't work at all with the CAM or face frequent problems with stream decoding. In case of Canal+ CAM it's always unsure if it works correctly with an independent tuner in a future. People complained that even Sony, and Samsung TV sets with a CI+ slot had problems with decoding this module, and required an update.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    I do not know if this applies, but since longtime here in Italy, there is a "marriage" between the Smart Card and the official receiver, so CAMs are not allowed (Sky Italy with NDS encryption). Not sure if the same applied recently to your provider. If not an Enigma2 solution (VuPlus, DreamBox or similar) may work.
    You are right. The smart card and the CI+ cam are "married" but after few years it looks like they got a divorce.
    My receiver Mutant HD51 is Enigma 2.
    The card worked in the past in this receiver. I just need to activate the card again again to clear the channels in the package.
    The only thing that changed is the image version for Enigma 2. I might need to try other images to see if the cam responds better.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    It doesn't help much beyond what it's already written BTW: I'm a Pole and I use this CAM but seems that older version.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    The card worked in the past in this receiver. I just need to activate the card again again to clear the channels in the package.
    The only thing that changed is the image version for Enigma 2. I might need to try other images to see if the cam responds better.
    You don't need to once again activate CAM and clear channels. Yes, newer image and particularly ccam plugin shall help. OpenATV, and Pure 2 should work OK but it also depends on a tuner.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @DB83 thanks a lot. This is nice. It is much better than my translated version I only translated the text.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    It doesn't help much beyond what it's already written BTW: I'm a Pole and I use this CAM but seems that older version.
    I am assuming that you have the 4K version like this one:
    https://cardsplitter.pl/modul-cam-ci-canal-nc-cayman-caid-1884-pakiet-extra-z-canal-1-...ac-p-5553.html
    I found something interesting in this link. They suggest to leave the cam on TV Puls HD channel in order to update the cam software and then on TVP 1 HD. They don't say for how long it should be left.
    I can't find anything about my older cam version, but I will leave it on TV Puls HD and see if anything happens.
    I flashed the image to OpenATV but so far no joy.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I flashed the image to OpenATV but so far no joy.
    The functionality of CAM CI and CI+ is somehow unpredictable with the different images . The providers do not want us to dump the transport stream (i.e. to record ), especially 4K programs, and make life difficult.

With my hardware, the most stable images are OpenATV 6.1.0 and OpenBlackHole 5.1.011, but it's just a single case. YMMV, you need to experiment a lot, unfortunately
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Sony Bravia TV with satellite tuner and CI+ CAM. Inserted the nc+ CAM but it was not recognized. Inserted another CI+ CAM from another provider DigiTurk and it was instantly recognized.
    I think this cam needs a firmware update in order to work, but leaving it on TV Puls HD, which is the channel that does the updating didn't do anything.
    I will just put it back on the shelf until I find a reliable solution. I paid $10 for 1 month service which I am not getting. I hope they enjoy the donation.
    There is only one channel which I am interested in Ale Kino. Will see if there are other options to watch it from satellite.
    Quote Quote