VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 90% of the information I'm getting off google is telling me how to create a video with hardcoded subs. That's not what I want. I want to extract the actual image-based subs, open them in Subtitle Edit or a similar tool and begin the painful process of converting image-based subs to text-based subs. So how can I go about this?

Oh and also, if anyone knows of a better program for editing the subs I would appreciate the info. The predictions in Subtitle Edit are quite good, but they confuse l and I too often for my liking.
    Last edited by imkira3; 10th Jun 2024 at 15:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Okay, looks like I found the answer, VSRip does what I wanted if anyone else is looking for the same thing. This is for IFO subtitles only, the output is SUB and IDX
    Quote Quote  
  3. VSRip didn't work for me with some DVDs. MakeMKV rips the subs really well in MKVs and from there you could extract them...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ChristianundCo View Post
    VSRip didn't work for me with some DVDs. MakeMKV rips the subs really well in MKVs and from there you could extract them...
    Oh thanks! Sounds like my type of tool, I love to make everything MKV since I actually go through the trouble of installing subs on all my dvd backups.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey, I wanna point out that last year a portable version of this was finally made! It took a bit of digging, it's only available at this one website. Can someone mirror this here? There is no portable version in the downloads directory for this program. Thanks. Link: https://rahim-soft.com/makemkv-1-10-portable/
    Quote Quote