VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sounds a simple request right? Well apparently it's not. Half the websites don't even tell you there is a watermark or that you have to sign up until your done editing. I just remade the same video 4 times and every time something was screwed up. This is such bullshit.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe you should use normal subtitles..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by imkira3 View Post
    Sounds a simple request right? Well apparently it's not. Half the websites don't even tell you there is a watermark or that you have to sign up until your done editing. I just remade the same video 4 times and every time something was screwed up. This is such bullshit.
    What do you mean by adding text? As ProWo suggested perhaps you can create subtitles with timestamps and use that as *.srt file or hardcode the subtitles using Handbrake (which is free).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah, no it's nothing like that, not subtitles. This is a side-by-side comparison video between a remaster and the original, I want the word "ORIGINAL" to be hardcoded along the top of the original video, and the word "REMASTER" above the remaster for the length of the entire video. If I wanted simple subs I would use mkvtoolnix. Instead I want to display this text on a website that has no support for subtitles, in that case a simple online tool should do the trick. I would classify this as an online task, since in this case a re-encode is acceptable and being professional is of no consequence, it's just the comparison video like I said so why install a whole new program for something like this, it's not exactly the way I normally do things after all.

Just to be clear, I'm looking at websites, not programs.
    Last edited by imkira3; 10th Jun 2024 at 07:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Websites don't now, but you can create an srt subtitle with text "REMASTER", starttime 0, endtime the last frame time and burn in this srt.
    This needs recoding, but is a simple task.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Its solveigmm online editor. free, no watermarks, smart rendering
    https://freevideoeditor.online/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use online tools, if you want to be sure, your files are not copied or watermarked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Tecman View Post
    Don't use online tools, if you want to be sure, your files are not copied or watermarked.
    No problem, the same tool for desktop
    https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-editor/
    Quote Quote