VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    What would be the quickest way to scrub and cut interesting parts from a huge pile of videos (on my hard drive, .mp4 & .ts, varying lengths, 100+ hours)? Right now I am using Video ReDo, and while I love the app, i'm just wondering if there are better solutions.

I know it's far fetched, but ideally the option of having a folder browser inside app, so I can quickly load and cut all videos in a folder - I'm looking to streamline and automate every step I can.

There is no need for any editing, just cutting, batch rendering and hopefully direct stream copy.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by testamentum View Post
    What would be the quickest way to scrub and cut interesting parts from a huge pile of videos (on my hard drive, .mp4 & .ts, varying lengths, 100+ hours)? Right now I am using Video ReDo, and while I love the app, i'm just wondering if there are better solutions.

I know it's far fetched, but ideally the option of having a folder browser inside app, so I can quickly load and cut all videos in a folder - I'm looking to streamline and automate every step I can.

There is no need for any editing, just cutting, batch rendering and hopefully direct stream copy.
    For ts extension videos (recordings from satellite dish), I use TS Doctor (You can download and install 30 days fully functional trial software).
    I use it to delete adverts mainly in the beginning, various parts in the video and in the end.
    If you want to cut just interesting parts, it can take you more time.
    For mp4 extension I use HD Video Convertor Factory Pro. It is not as good as TS Doctor.

Remember to keep the original videos somewhere as backup just in case something goes wrong

For streaming, try Plex.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by testamentum View Post

Hi ther,
    You could try SolveigMM Video Splitter bacth mode.
    You just need to write a XML script where you enumerate all the files and feed it to CLI
    find the tech info here
    https://www.solveigmm.com/en/support/doc/video-splitter/batch-splitter-console-utility.html

This is the trimming example of 3 files, that should be performed as one after another

<timelines version="2" >
    <timeline>
    <group output="C:\Base\output\2a2v_0001.avi" >
    <track video="1" audio="2" accuracy="frame" >
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:00:00.00" stop="00:12:32.00" />
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:32:41.00" stop="00:42:02.00" />
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:54:09.00" stop="01:08:51.00" />
    </track>
    </group>
    </timeline>
    <timeline>
    <group output="C:\Base\output\2a2v_0002.avi" >
    <track video="1" audio="1" accuracy="frame" >
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:00:00.00" stop="00:12:32.00" />
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:32:41.00" stop="00:42:02.00" flags="audio_silence" />
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\2a2v.avi" start="00:54:09.00" stop="01:08:51.00" />
    </track>
    </group>
    </timeline>
    <timeline>
    <group output="C:\Base\output\H263_PCM_0001.avi" >
    <track video="1" audio="0" accuracy="gop" >
    <clip src="C:\Base\avi\H263_PCM.avi" start="00:11:48.08" stop="00:20:14.52"/>
    </track>
    </group>
    </timeline>
    </timelines>
    Last edited by DmitryV; 9th Jun 2024 at 07:08.
    Quote Quote