VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to download videos from sharepoint ? I don't have download option for the videos.

Also i've tried with ffmpeg but it's slow.

There is another faster way ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by icebreaker101010 View Post
    Does anyone know how to download videos from sharepoint ? I don't have download option for the videos.
    Url link ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I was looking for another method, I was the same position. So I found something that wok for me: N_m3u8DL-RE

Code:
    N_m3u8DL-RE "manifestwebvideo" --save-name "namevideo" --save-dir  "C:\JohnPC"
    Then, you have 2 archives, "archive1.mp4" and "archive2.m4a". I can't find the code to mergue both archives in a one final MP4 after downloading (with audio and video), so I mergue them with ffmpeg

So easy
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.m4a -c copy videowithaudio.mp4
    And done!

I'm TOTALLY NOOB in this, I'm not codder o something, I was looking days for this, but finally found the solution that work for me, maybe work for you too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pipex55 View Post
    I mergue them with ffmpeg
    mkvmerge doesn't reencode and will be faster.
    exemple :
    Code:
    mkvmerge audio.mp4 video.mp4 -o output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aqzs View Post
    mkvmerge doesn't reencode.
    https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-copy

Stream copy is a mode selected by supplying the copy parameter to the -codec option. It makes ffmpeg omit the decoding and encoding step for the specified stream, so it does only demuxing and muxing.
    No idea if it's faster though (or slower)
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pipex55 View Post
    I was looking days for this
    Well, you should've asked here, you probably would've had this exact answer in minutes.

Admitted, ffmpeg command line is not the easiest in the world, but it can do a lot for you. The logic behind it is basically this:

- add all input files with -i; the numbering for later reference in -map options begins at 0
    - if needed, specify -map entries with the things you want the output to include
    - add -c (-codec) entries for each or all tracks to specify encoding
    - optionally add additional encoding parameters, e.g. sample rate, ...
    - add output file with -o

The command line can get quite long, but if you've once understand how it works and how it is constructed, it's quite powerful.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Obo View Post
    Originally Posted by pipex55 View Post
    I was looking days for this
    Well, you should've asked here, you probably would've had this exact answer in minutes.

Admitted, ffmpeg command line is not the easiest in the world, but it can do a lot for you. The logic behind it is basically this:

- add all input files with -i; the numbering for later reference in -map options begins at 0
    - if needed, specify -map entries with the things you want the output to include
    - add -c (-codec) entries for each or all tracks to specify encoding
    - optionally add additional encoding parameters, e.g. sample rate, ...
    - add output file with -o

The command line can get quite long, but if you've once understand how it works and how it is constructed, it's quite powerful.
    Yeah, I was about to open a thread, first I like research lot beacuase I like learn , even I was looking here if there was another person with the same problem.

It tooks seconds. The files size was 1 GB for video and 200 MB for audio (3 hrs long) and vas very fast, I satisfied with the results and no delay betwen both.

Thanks for the explanation how ffmpeg works

BTW, continuing with the research, I found that N_m3u8DL-RE can mergue both files after donwload, but I couldn't make it work, according the GitHub, this will be the example code
    Code:
    -M format=mkv:muxer=mkvmerge:bin_path="C\:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe"
    Instead MKV, I used ffmpeg because I've ready have it but it shows me that:
    Code:
    ERROR: ffmpeg not found, please download at: https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

I have the ffmpeg.exe in the same directory but doesn' work, so I used the program ffmpeg manually. But it will be nice do all in one step
    Quote Quote