VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone notice redfox.bz (Anystream, AnydvdHD) seems to be dead ?
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Why is this hard to remember ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Things appeared to go offline on June 5th. No idea what's going on and there's really no way to get information.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is still down today. Firefox, Chrome and Edge:

We’re having trouble finding that site. We can’t connect to the server at www.redfox.bz.

I hope this is not serious? I have a lifetime subscription at $$$.

Their forum members started reporting this from April 22 and May 10: Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server! Is AnyDVD currently down?

At the moment, you can still update to is 8.7.1.0 (3rd April 2024) https://www.videohelp.com/software/AnyDVD/old-versions
    Quote Quote  
  4. It won't let my copy my discs without connecting to the update server. Is there anyway to disable that so I can copy?

Is there a good alternate program for ripping full BDs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZacharyGeorgeNN View Post
    It won't let my copy my discs without connecting to the update server. Is there anyway to disable that so I can copy?

Is there a good alternate program for ripping full BDs?
    internet is required for BD protection / decryption because the keys are stored on their servers.
    an alternative is to use dvdfab (requires internet connection for BD decryption) or makemkv.
    Quote Quote  
  7. For BluRay and UHD there is also Xreveal.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed Xreveal and the installation was quick and easy.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Xreveal

Just a note, that your Internet Service Provider could issue a false positive and block their site. When I tried to connect to their website, this happened: THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN BLOCKED.

When I tried to decrypt a DVD or Blu-ray, I got this: Cannot connect to server for cloud decryption.

I tried a number of Website Safety & Security Checks, and https://www.xreveal.com/ passed 100% as safe. I had to get the false positive removed from my ISP.

The free version can connect to Xreveal's server for decryption.
    Last edited by wsc4; 13th Jun 2024 at 19:32. Reason: First post had incorrect information. My ISP was blocking the site as false positive.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know why the Refox servers are down and there is no information at all about it's status ! I hope that this is not the end of Anystream and the other programs!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MCalca1706 View Post
    Does anyone know why the Refox servers are down and there is no information at all about it's status ! I hope that this is not the end of Anystream and the other programs!
    see the reddit thread in post #5, so far no one knows as to what happened
    to anystream or the site.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by wsc4 View Post
    I installed Xreveal and after messing around downloading other database and dll files for it, I finally got it going.

AACS: 1.0
    MKB: v76
    BEE: 0
    DiscID: E879419470C74FDB4AF8C60C4CAD6DA6ABB2BEDB
    Cannot connect to server for cloud decryption
    No decryption key found in C:\ProgramData\aacs\KeyDB.cfg. For more information, visit keydb.html.

The free version cannot connect to the server. You need to buy the pro version.

The problem seems to be the AACS: 1.0 MKB: v76 encryption. AnyDVD is failing with that also. Other discs seem to be OK. I will have a go at MakeMKV.
    Is there an internet connection when running xreveal? xreveal try to connect server but failed to connect.

i am sure v76 is supported.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw it pointed out that StreamFab all of a sudden has functioning software again. Rumor from that person is that Redfox sold them their DRM keys.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    I saw it pointed out that StreamFab all of a sudden has functioning software again. Rumor from that person is that Redfox sold them their DRM keys.
    So, they've done a runner.

It always struck me that AS were more supportive than SF.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xreveal View Post

Is there an internet connection when running xreveal? xreveal try to connect server but failed to connect.

i am sure v76 is supported.
    //UPDATE//

Just to let you know that it was not Xreveal that was failing. It was my Internet Service Provider blocking your site. It was a false positive, and I reported your site as safe to them and all is working fine now.

Thank you so much for your help and keep up the good work. The way things are at the moment, your program will replace AnyDVD.
    Last edited by wsc4; 13th Jun 2024 at 19:50. Reason: Incorrect statements posted by me in the original post
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    Usually rumors are false....if this were true, they would have updated keys for MAX and Peacock.
    Selling keys wouldn't be necessary, only a hacked CDM.

As far as anyone can tell, their DNS shows as Broken. Their Domain Name was also just renewed for another year.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Kunjer View Post
    Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    So, they've done a runner.

It always struck me that AS were more supportive than SF.
    Same here, which is why this doesn't make sense. I remember when SlySoft shuttered - and owing their team money, too. They're the ones that rebuilt as RedFox, so this doesn't feel like a midnight flit.

I'm really bummed because I had some good friends and fellow dog-lovers on that forum and now there's no way to contact them, unless they see me here.
    Last edited by artsunlimited27; 10th Jun 2024 at 20:01.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Here's an article from TorrentFreak that might give some insight.

https://torrentfreak.com/redfox-disappearance-puts-a-spotlight-on-defiant-streamfab-240610/
    Quote Quote  
  18. My theory about what happened from reading everything on Reddit, here and TF.

According to mods in their forum, the operators of the site were communicating with them up to the day before the shutdown, helping with problems and issues. There have no government shutdown of any domains, they all just went dark. They were operating most likely in a country that let them skirt around the law and they were taking in a decent amount of crypto on a daily basis.

I think they got raided by a local crime gang but I hope I’m wrong because then their lives would be in danger.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nitobert View Post
    My theory about what happened from reading everything on Reddit, here and TF.

According to mods in their forum, the operators of the site were communicating with them up to the day before the shutdown, helping with problems and issues. There have no government shutdown of any domains, they all just went dark. They were operating most likely in a country that let them skirt around the law and they were taking in a decent amount of crypto on a daily basis.

I think they got raided by a local crime gang but I hope I’m wrong because then their lives would be in danger.
    Not sure a local crime gang would remove all their DNS stuff though.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  20. If it means anything, you DO NOT always need an internet connection for copying blu-ray to your HDD using Anydvd. I have had a number of occasions where I would copy older (or say at least a year old) blu-rays to my hdd without being connected online using Any (lifetime membership). If it needed to connect, then a notice would pop up telling me so. Its possible whatever protection scheme a disc had, was then integrated into each iteration of the program so connecting online would not be always necessary (just guessing, but that would make the most sense)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since I was screwed over with my "lifetime" license that was only good for a few years tops and only gave me half a dozen of my legally brought blurays to my hard drive, I have never wasted a cent on any paid software like this, just to risky in todays age. I quickly realized what was going on and put the brakes on instantly, since then all my legally brought blurays have been sent to my hard drive using entirely free software, and also, using a bit of imagination one can always re-use trial software to. Nice guys finish last, never gonna be a sucker again with software, if it isn't 100% free, its off my radar entirely.
    Quote Quote