VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Xreveal was installed and unfortunately does not work. A decryption program for 4k disk movies is needed.

The only program that really worked to play 4k disc movies on the PC was ANY DVD HD.
    I mean, with it you could bypass the crazy anti-customer copy protection and then watch it easily and relaxed on any software player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Originally Posted by wsc4 View Post
    I installed Xreveal and the installation was quick and easy.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Xreveal

The free version can connect to Xreveal's server for decryption.
    I thought that one needed database keys to properly empower this ? Where / How to obtain ?

I'd like to know for the record (even if via PM), although the question is largely academic for me, so long as MakeMKV continues to work and to be updated as necessary. That program has served me well, and I was glad to support it by buying a license.
    see this thread - https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=185539 page 1 post #19 for the key.db file
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by schlimfi View Post
    Xreveal was installed and unfortunately does not work. A decryption program for 4k disk movies is needed.

The only program that really worked to play 4k disc movies on the PC was ANY DVD HD.
    I mean, with it you could bypass the crazy anti-customer copy protection and then watch it easily and relaxed on any software player.
    try playerfab - https://www.dvdfab.cn/ultra-hd-player.htm?trackid=headmenu2
    Quote Quote  
  4. Xreveal, DVDFab Passkey for UHD, and DeUHD allow real-time decryption of UHDs like AnyDVD did. Of those options only Xreveal is free with the Pro version being the cheapest compared to the others.

There is DVDFab PlayerFab as october262 suggested. PlayerFab doesn't allow you the choice of playback software, however, since it is performing the decryption and playback. It's only a software player.

Note: Of course you need to own and use a compatible optical drive for these solutions to work.
    Last edited by HemLok; 24th Jul 2024 at 15:39.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVD Fab Passkey doesn't work, either it says I have an unfriendly 4k drive which is wrong, or there is sound but no picture when playing the film.
    Xreveal doesn't work either. There is audio but no picture. There is no decryption software.
    PlayerFab refuses to work with the error message that I have an unfriendly 4k drive, which is wrong. It is an officially certified internal 4k drive from Pioneer.
    The last hope is DEUHD but you have to register. I'll try it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by schlimfi View Post
    DVD Fab Passkey doesn't work, either it says I have an unfriendly 4k drive which is wrong, or there is sound but no picture when playing the film.
    Xreveal doesn't work either. There is audio but no picture. There is no decryption software.
    Player Fab refuses to work with the error message that I have an unfriendly 4k drive, which is wrong. It is an officially certified internal 4k drive from Pioneer.
    The problem is located between the keyboard and the monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Moody_Blues View Post
    DVD Fab Passkey doesn't work, either it says I have an unfriendly 4k drive which is wrong, or there is sound but no picture when playing the film.
    Player Fab refuses to work with the error message that I have an unfriendly 4k drive, which is wrong. It is an officially certified internal 4k drive from Pioneer.

No, unfortunately it isn't. Or you can help me figure out what the problem might be.

With AnyDVD HD you could watch everything on your PC without any problems.
    Is there anyone who can play 4K disc movies with an internal drive on their PC without any problems?
    Last edited by schlimfi; 24th Jul 2024 at 17:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by schlimfi View Post
    Originally Posted by Moody_Blues View Post

No, unfortunately it isn't. Or you can help me figure out what the problem might be.
    You should post your drive type and firmware that is on it. DVDFab doesn't like MK firmwares from Makemkv.

Which player are you using to play which gives you audio only or video only?

Don't just say "it doesn't work". You need to provide as much information possible.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Moody_Blues View Post

With AnyDVD HD you could watch everything on your PC without any problems.
    Is there anyone who can play 4K disc movies with an internal drive on their PC without any problems?

see this thread - https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=156714
    Quote Quote  
  10. New Info.
    My internal 4k Drive:
    Pioneer BDR-S12UHT

I tried DeUHD: ErrorMessage, this program does not support 4k Pioneer drives.
    Insane. This is an official 4k certified PC drive.

I executed MakeMKV with following data:

LibreDrive Information
    Drive platform: RS8F01
    Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
    Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
    Firmware version: 1.01/ID43
    DVD all regions: Yes
    BD raw data read: Yes
    BD raw metadata read: Yes
    Unrestricted read speed: Yes

DVDFab said the same: This drive is not supported.
    It's just strange that previously, with Any DVD HD, all 4k disc films could be played without any problems with my Pioneer drive. Regardless of whether I used the VLC player or Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra versions 19 to 21.

I'll give up. Then I'll be forced to watch it on the TV with a 4k hardware player.

DVDs and Blu-Rays work perfectly.
    Last edited by schlimfi; 24th Jul 2024 at 19:39.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    DeUHD is apparently abandoned (but pricey) trialware, no longer developed, last version from 5 years ago. I don't know what to tell you, as I don't do 4K -- or even 2K -- and don't watch any movies on the computer. Only download them there, inspect them, occasionally manipulate them such as adding / replacing subs or generating subs with Whisper, sometimes extracting clips -- all accomplished with software that is available here on VH, much of it free.

If necessary, I can play (check out) Blu-Ray, but not with whatever bloatware comes packaged with certain BR optical drives -- blanking on the name just now, but you probably know the one. I do this instead with a couple other players that don't kowtow to Big Content's licensing strictures. This may be aided by connecting to an old CRT monitor that does not know from HDCP and does not obey it.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 24th Jul 2024 at 20:19.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm just a little annoyed that I can no longer watch 4K discs on my PC, even though that should be technically possible. You're forced to watch it on the TV with a 4K player.
    For me, this is a crazy, incomprehensible development.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Originally Posted by wsc4 View Post
    I installed Xreveal and the installation was quick and easy.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Xreveal

The free version can connect to Xreveal's server for decryption.
    I thought that one needed database keys to properly empower this ? Where / How to obtain ?

I'd like to know for the record (even if via PM), although the question is largely academic for me, so long as MakeMKV continues to work and to be updated as necessary. That program has served me well, and I was glad to support it by buying a license.
    see this thread - https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=185539 page 1 post #19 for the key.db file
    Thanks. I'll check that out.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm just a little annoyed that I can no longer watch 4K discs on my PC, even though that should be technically possible. You're forced to watch it on the TV with a 4K player.
    There are still enough people who collect 4k film discs and would like to watch them on their PC, more than you think.
    It is no longer possible to watch 4K disc films on a PC, either legally or illegally. I am amazed that no one is complaining and it is very quiet.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Xreveal was installed and unfortunately does not work. A decryption program for 4k disk movies is needed.

PlayerFab has already been tested, but it also says that it does not support 4k Pioneer drives.
    All alternative programs to Any DVD HD are useless if you want to watch 4k film discs on your PC.

I think there is a method behind it.
    Redfox, the operators of Any DVD HD, were probably pulled the plug and taken out of circulation. The only program left that still worked, what a pity.
    Last edited by schlimfi; 24th Jul 2024 at 20:53.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMKV should work as well I suppose.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by schlimfi View Post

PlayerFab has already been tested, but it also says that it does not support 4k Pioneer drives.
    All alternative programs to Any DVD HD are useless if you want to watch 4k film discs on your PC.

I think there is a method behind it.
    Redfox, the operators of Any DVD HD, were probably pulled the plug and taken out of circulation. The only program left that still worked, what a pity.
    DVDFab will not work with your drive. AnyDVD and XReveal require that you have Makemkv installed because they use the command line makemkvcon in the background to bypass bus encryption. In addition XReveal (and for some discs also AnyDVD) need to have KEYDB.cfg locally on your PC. FindVUK will download that database and you need to run FindVUK-synchronize from time to time to add the newest keys.
    The newest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD has removed UHD support. So you need to have an older version of it. And never ever update your drive firmware. You would lose the capability to rip UHDs since Pioneer crippled and encrypted the new firmwares.

You could also use Makemkv to rip the UHD to folder or MKV but it is not an on-the-fly decryptor like AnyDVD or XReveal to play the disc directly without ripping.

So- make sure you have Makemkv installed with default options. Download and run FindVUK. Try XReveal again and make sure it is pointing to the KEYDB.cfg on your PC.

Regarding DVDFab and DeUHD: You would need to buy an ASUS or LG drive and flash it with a supported firmware by these programs.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thank you very much for your support. MakeMKV is always running for me. Which directory should I copy the Keydb.cfg to or does it not matter where? When I try to download Keydb.cfg, my anti-virus program warns me that it could be malware.
    I used to have an internal drive: LG BH16NS55, I removed it because it couldn't read many 4k film discs and then bought the Pioneer drive because it is an officially certified 4k drive. If that is not supported, that is very worrying.

I wish it were easier. Put the 4k disc in the drive and simply play it with a commercial software player (legal way). In the past, that was the standard case.
    Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra supported 4k Movie Discs until Version 21.

With a decryption program and successfully bypassing the AACS copy protection, any 4k film can be played, just like it used to work without any problems with Any DVD HD. You don't even need SGX from Intel.
    Last edited by schlimfi; 25th Jul 2024 at 11:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Moody_Blues;2744306][QUOTE=schlimfi;2744271][QUOTE=october262;2744225]
    The newest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD has removed UHD support. So you need to have an older version of it. And never ever update your drive firmware. You would lose the capability to rip UHDs since Pioneer crippled and encrypted the new firmwares.

You could also use Makemkv to rip the UHD to folder or MKV but it is not an on-the-fly decryptor like AnyDVD or XReveal to play the disc directly without ripping.
    That (Cyberlink PowerDVD) was the useless bloatware whose name had slipped my mind. To have much of a chance, your software player probably must come from the #1 scofflaw country, China. I don't know if this is worth looking into (as far as 4K goes), but one of the two software players I had been using to check Blu-Rays on the computer was Vidmore Player. Can't recall the name of the other one offhand. Both are on a different computer, not the one I'm typing from at the moment. But I don't have any 4K discs in any case, for possible testing purposes.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by schlimfi View Post
    Thank you very much for your support. MakeMKV is always running for me. Which directory should I copy the Keydb.cfg to or does it not matter where? When I try to download Keydb.cfg, my anti-virus program warns me that it could be malware.
    I used to have an internal drive: LG BH16NS55, I removed it because it couldn't read many 4k film discs and then bought the Pioneer drive because it is an officially certified 4k drive. If that is not supported, that is very worrying.

I wish it were easier. Put the 4k disc in the drive and simply play it with a commercial software player (legal way). In the past, that was the standard case.

With a decryption program and successfully bypassing the AACS copy protection, any 4k film can be played, just like it used to work without any problems with Any DVD HD. You don't even need SGX from Intel.
    You are wrong in many aspects. Direct play with PowerDVD worked only if you had a SGX chain. If not, AnyDVD could do the job if Makemkv was installed for a Pioneer drive (mandatory). AnyDVD could also make use of KEYDB.cfg. Same applies now to XReveal. It picks the KEYDB.cfg file from the standard location. There is also a tab that needs checked for Librebrive / Makemkv bus encryption support to make your Pioneer drive work. Bottom line - the problem is on your side and not with the tools. You need to set up everything properly. Complaining that is is not easy, say thanks to the MPA because they want to prevent rips of their media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Following the trail of breadcrumbs got me to http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net

and then on to https://cyberside.net.ee/ripping/BD_DeviceKeys/?C=N;O=D

with a lot of files including:

KEYDB_161128.cfg 2016-11-28 03:41 2.1M
    KEYDB_161115.cfg 2016-11-15 11:12 2.1M
    KEYDB_161003.cfg 2016-11-15 11:25 1.9M
    KEYDB_160517.cfg 2016-11-15 11:25 1.5M
    KEYDB_160306.cfg 2016-03-06 16:55 1.2M
    KEYDB_151115.cfg 2015-11-16 11:01 1.1M
    KEYDB_150601.cfg 2015-06-09 19:40 280K
    KEYDB_150528.cfg 2015-06-09 19:40 280K

etc.

All of the prior Keydb files linked there went 404, but I'm assuming that the first file under DOWNLOADS at that first page is a much later edition which supersedes them ? And that link is still valid.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just a little annoyed that I can no longer watch 4K discs on my PC, even though that should be technically possible. You're forced to watch it on the TV with a 4K player.
    For me, this is a crazy, incomprehensible development.
    I am running AnyDVD 8.7.1.0. I also have an internal Pioneer BDR-211EBK drive. loaded a 4K UHD disc and this is displayed:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.7.1.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
    PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.51
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 4
    Current profile: BD-ROM
    Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 27355040 sectors (53427 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: THE_HUNT_FOR_RED_OCTOBER
    Media is AACS protected!
    AACS MKB version 61
    UHD Blu-ray disc.
    Drive supports bus encryption!
    Disc wants bus encryption!
    WARNING: Bus encryption not present!
    Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
    couldn't retrieve AGID!
    Removed AACS copy protection!
    Bad sector protection not found.

VLC Media Player plays it fine. So does MPC-HC.

There must be something wrong with your setup of AnyDVD.
    Last edited by wsc4; 26th Jul 2024 at 02:58.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

Following the trail of breadcrumbs got me to http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net

and then on to https://cyberside.net.ee/ripping/BD_DeviceKeys/?C=N;O=D

with a lot of files including:

KEYDB_161128.cfg 2016-11-28 03:41 2.1M
    KEYDB_161115.cfg 2016-11-15 11:12 2.1M
    KEYDB_161003.cfg 2016-11-15 11:25 1.9M
    KEYDB_160517.cfg 2016-11-15 11:25 1.5M
    KEYDB_160306.cfg 2016-03-06 16:55 1.2M
    KEYDB_151115.cfg 2015-11-16 11:01 1.1M
    KEYDB_150601.cfg 2015-06-09 19:40 280K
    KEYDB_150528.cfg 2015-06-09 19:40 280K

etc.

All of the prior Keydb files linked there went 404, but I'm assuming that the first file under DOWNLOADS at that first page is a much later edition which supersedes them ? And that link is still valid.
    You are not supposed to download old key files but install FindVUK and run synchronize bat from time to time to update your key file with the newest keys.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Moody_Blues View Post
    Thank you very much for your support. MakeMKV is always running for me. Which directory should I copy the Keydb.cfg to or does it not matter where? When I try to download Keydb.cfg, my anti-virus program warns me that it could be malware.

You are wrong in many aspects. Direct play with PowerDVD worked only if you had a SGX chain. If not, AnyDVD could do the job if Makemkv was installed for a Pioneer drive (mandatory). AnyDVD could also make use of KEYDB.cfg. Same applies now to XReveal. It picks the KEYDB.cfg file from the standard location. There is also a tab that needs checked for Librebrive / Makemkv bus encryption support to make your Pioneer drive work. Bottom line - the problem is on your side and not with the tools. You need to set up everything properly. Complaining that is is not easy, say thanks to the MPA because they want to prevent rips of their media.
    You were right. Playing 4k film discs on the PC works. But for me it only works with PlayerFab. VLC and Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 19, only audio comes out. FindVUK recognizes PlayerFab. It just doesn't recognize my other 4k software players. It doesn't matter, the main thing is that it works with PlayerFab. Thank you very much. I've only tested a few 4k discs, I'll try others too.
    With successfully 4k disc copy encryption you don't need anymore the SGX Technology from Intel.

PlayerFab is a testversion. I will use it until the message come, have to buy the fullversion.

Do I have to run FindVUK and Xreveal every time before I put a 4k movie into the drive?
    Last edited by schlimfi; 26th Jul 2024 at 10:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thus far, I haven't needed anything other than MakeMKV. But I also have https://www.videohelp.com/software/BDtoAVCHD. Haven't really fired it up for actual use though.
    Do you find that to be an effective tool in the mix, or does it not cope with the disc copy protection as MakeMKV does ?
    My concern is being able to view the content (and on a bigscreen tv, not on the computer) at a reasonably high resolution, preferably 1080P. (At this juncture, I don't own any 2K or 4K hardware.) The format it happens to occupy for that to happen is much less of a concern to me.
    Quote Quote  
  26. The combination of Xreveal and FindVUK was the breakthrough. Thank you very much. When the trial version of PlayerFab ends, I'll buy the full version. VLC Player and PowerDVD19/20 Ultra don't work with 4k film discs for unknown reasons, only audio, no picture, but that doesn't matter.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's all well and good with a new version of Any DVD HD. I can install it, but then I get a message saying that my license has expired.
    The VLC Media Player does work with AnyDVD with 4K UHD discs using an internal Pioneer drive.

After you installed SetupAnyDVD8711.exe, did you run RegAnyDVD.exe and enter your lisence key?
    Quote Quote  
  28. After execute SetupAnyDVD8711.exe and then RegAnyDVD.exe, he wants to have a license key file, i don't know in which directory it should be in and AnyDVD HD my license has expired, thats the problem.

I should have bought a lifetime license a year ago when it was still possible. AnyDVD HD who has a lifetime license, should continue to work even if Redfox no longer exists.

The loss of Redfox is a tragedy and a hard blow for the community, many customers are disappointed that there is no sign of life.
    Let's hope that they will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, like Slysoft went under and became Redfox.

I hope some (former) Redfox developers and company boss read this.
    Last edited by schlimfi; 27th Jul 2024 at 10:11.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know in which directory it should be in and AnyDVD HD my license has expired, thats the problem.
    They would have e-mailed you a file like this: AnyDVDHD_Key_LMR-EBT.AnyDVDHD

If you you only bought a 6 months or 1 year subscription and it has expired, then you are doomed, sorry. I would say when you insert your disc with an expired version, AnyDVD is trying to call home, but home does not exist any more, I have a lifetime licence which works off-line and that is why it still works.

Xreveal

Have you tried VLC Media Player with Xreveal running. It works with 4K UHD and the Pioneer drive. However, I have a one-year full software license for Xreveal and that may be the reason.
    Last edited by wsc4; 28th Jul 2024 at 01:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The loss of Redfox is a tragedy and a hard blow for the community,
    In the era of streaming, with Netflix/Hulu/etc so widely adopted now, I have to wonder how large the community is now. There's not much demand for copying discs anymore, not like the 2000s.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote