VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to convert some videos over to a different format due to the fact that Nero Video says the audio is unsupported.
    Looking for a program that can do it:
    #1 with without quality loss (does not really need to be compressed)
    #2 Failry quickly.

Any suggestions/
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anytime you convert a video file to another format it will lose some quality,i wouldn't trust nero for any statements.Do you need to use nero?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it is only the audio that is unsupported you can use "avidemux". "Click direct stream copy" for the video and click whatever you want to change the audio to.
    If you want to change both audio and video 2 good free programs are "VidCoder and HandBrake"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What format are the videos now?
    What format or container do you want to convert to?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Anytime you convert a video file to another format it will lose some quality,i wouldn't trust nero for any statements.Do you need to use nero?
    Do I have to use Nero? For now yes. It's the best program that I have to author blu rays at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    If it is only the audio that is unsupported you can use "avidemux". "Click direct stream copy" for the video and click whatever you want to change the audio to.
    If you want to change both audio and video 2 good free programs are "VidCoder and HandBrake"

Holy hell! Avidemux did exactly what I was hoping to do! Took your suggestion and left the video untouched and just changed the audio output and in less than 3 minutes, I had EXACTLY what I needed!
    Quote Quote