VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've been using the same version of CS6 for years with no output issues until today. I loaded a sequence of images into it and then exported them to mpeg4 and was surprised at the outcome. The image on the left is what appears in my editor -- the one on the right is the output. What happened? I don't recall changing any settings the last time I did an export.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cs6-colors-1.png
Views:	22
Size:	930.1 KB
ID:	79532  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    For what it's worth, I found the reason for the problem; my output codec needed to be Microsoft Video-1 (AVI).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You really want such an old palletized codec?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I just needed a codec that delivered the exact same colors as the source -- what else is there to want?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It doesn't (deliver that). The MS V1 codec would either drastically reduce your color options (16k vs 16M) and give you palettized color (including gradient banding) when not dithered, or you would have to dither it which has its own, speckly effect on the image. It cannot give you a true color copy of the source (excepting when source is ALREADY severely reduced in color palette), as that is not an option with this codec.

If you are having problems with other codecs, I recommend you track down the real source of your color issues (settings, source incompatibilities, old app not able to handle new formats, etc).

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 13th Jun 2024 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote