VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Hi all. First time posting here.

    I'm not sure what I'm trying to learn has a name. It has black background, and on the foreground there are a numbers of columns/pillars representing the window look.

    Example :

    Usually the freedom of this is you can edit the content of the what's inside of the rectangle panels.

    Here's one of the best example using this style.

    Eventually I hope to find a tutorial showing how to do this. I'm a beginner.

    Thanks a lot everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's called an "overlay". The foreground pillar layer is placed "on top" of the background. The slots are "transparent", so the bottom background layer (the "rectangular panels") show through . In that example, there is a 3rd layer on top of the pillars, because the black pillars are partially covered

    Usually this is done in a video editor (there are many free ones like shotcut, kdenlive)

    Because the pillar layer is static (it' s not animated) , you can use a still image such as a PNG with alpha channel. The alpha channel is required for the transparency. You can make this in an image edtior such as gimp, photoshop
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!