VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello dears.

I recently bought this DVCAM model, it should arrive in 3 days. To the experts in the group... What should I do and not do when this equipment is with me? I really don't know if it's 100% working, the owner didn't have tapes to test, but as I paid around 90 dollars, I thought it would be worth it.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.
    [Attachment 79339 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Last edited by Litaiff; 17th Jun 2024 at 12:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have no experience with this device, but the first thing i do with every new VCR i get here is to check the rubber pinch roller if it is not worn out (hard and shiny) and clean.
    And always use an unimportant tape to test of course.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I carried out maintenance thanks to advice from a YouTube video, the video head is now very clean, however, I tested a miniDV tape and a DVcam tape, ant it shows this error (video below).
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Litaiff; 18th Jun 2024 at 10:18.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The mini dv tape got stuck inside, but after a few hours of messing around, I gave up and unplugged the device..

Later, I turned it on again with the tape still stuck there, but something happened and a certain message appeared that it was ready to play, I pressed play and it worked without any problems.

The same problem appeared when I tried to remove the tape, the same error message, I turned it off again, waited a while, turned it on again, and managed to eject the tape.

It seems that the mechanism is only working like this, when everything is turned off and turned on again with the tape already inside.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The_Doman View Post
    I have no experience with this device, but the first thing i do with every new VCR i get here is to check the rubber pinch roller if it is not worn out (hard and shiny) and clean.
    And always use an unimportant tape to test of course.
    Oh, thanks, I'll check this today.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I need the manual for this device, I couldn't find it on Google, for this exact model, does anyone have extra skills to find it?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you test it before you serviced it?
    Have you tried unplugging the unit from the power for a few minutes to reset it?

There is some error code info in the user manual
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/770047/Sony-Dsr-45a.html?page=100#manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Litaiff View Post
    I carried out maintenance thanks to advice from a YouTube video, the video head is now very clean, however, I tested a miniDV tape and a DVcam tape, ant it shows this error (video below).
    If you search that specific error C:31:70, you can find this?

Fixya: Error codes c 31 70 of Sony DSR 45ap
    U can do one thing check the switch at the front of DSR is in remote or not. If it is not then.
    Then press the reset switch is just below the the LCD. or Press eject button with pressing power supply .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Did you test it before you serviced it?
    Have you tried unplugging the unit from the power for a few minutes to reset it?

There is some error code info in the user manual
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/770047/Sony-Dsr-45a.html?page=100#manual
    Yes, I did, thanks for the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM

U can do one thing check the switch at the front of DSR is in remote or not. If it is not then.
    Then press the reset switch is just below the the LCD. or Press eject button with pressing power supply .

Oh.. I''ll do this then, later. Thanks.
    [Attachment 79991 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM

It worked, with the reset button. I just had a little problem ejecting the DVcam tape.

Would this information be, or would it have been informations about how long the head was used? Maybe it was erased with the reset button?
    [Attachment 80004 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Litaiff; 18th Jun 2024 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote