VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,
    I've recently acquired a Toshiba DVR620, and I cannot get a picture at all over HDMI. I can't find anything online related to this problem. There is an HDMI option in the unit's menu, but it's always greyed out.
    My TV doesn't recognize it's connected over HDMI, just the analog outputs work. It's supposed to output DVD, VHS, and any other input over HDMI (which is why I wanted this unit) but none of it works over HDMI. The port itself is clean and nothing is visibly damaged.
    I've tried different cables, I've tried routing it through my AVR, and I've tried my HDMI capture device on my PC. Nothing works.
    Any ideas on what I could do to fix it?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have read that, and the manual, but I still cannot get it to fully work.

I managed to get another similar Toshiba unit with a malfunctioning VCR portion, and swapped the DVD board containing the HDMI port into the other unit that I have. The HDMI port now works ... but only over DVD. I cannot get it to work over VHS still.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The topic does mention that you do have to set the analog input (L1 or L2) - Reply #12. I assume you did try that with your un-modded unit.

As for the modded unit, I also refer you to my own reply, and others, in that topic. Typically, VHS is ony available over compostite. The DVR620 appears to be an exception rather than the rule.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Phat J View Post
    Hey all,
    I've recently acquired a Toshiba DVR620, and I cannot get a picture at all over HDMI. I can't find anything online related to this problem. There is an HDMI option in the unit's menu, but it's always greyed out.
    My TV doesn't recognize it's connected over HDMI, just the analog outputs work. It's supposed to output DVD, VHS, and any other input over HDMI (which is why I wanted this unit) but none of it works over HDMI. The port itself is clean and nothing is visibly damaged.
    I've tried different cables, I've tried routing it through my AVR, and I've tried my HDMI capture device on my PC. Nothing works.
    Any ideas on what I could do to fix it?
    Thanks!
    try this - shut both the TV and player down. Then disconnect the player from power. Disconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, then press and hold the power button on the Toshiba player itself for 10 seconds. Plug the HDMI cable back into the TV and the player. Plug the player back in and turn it on. Wait 10 seconds then turn the TV on and select the appropriate Source that you're plugged into.

or try doing a factory reset - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/838963/Toshiba-Dvr620ku.html?page=99
    Quote Quote