VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there I recently had a customer bring me a 11gb file on a flashdrive. He needs 2 copies onto disc, with the size of the file I assumed a BD would be the best but admittedly I've never burned them. I dub VHS's all day and burn them onto dvds, its a simple make it vob continue. But with this file Im having major issues. The end goal is the bd disc plays on a regular Philips bluray disc player. Thank you so much for any help you all could give me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's some specs of the original file

Frame Width-1920
    Frame Height-1080
    Data Rate-23781
    Frame Rate-59.94

Audio
    Bit Rate-189kbps
    Channels 2(Stereo)
    Audio Sample Rate 48.000kHz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try BDRB (BDRebuilder). Load the file and your output should be a compliant BR folder/file structure.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try BDRB (BDRebuilder).
    I think @VHSDUB wants to create a BD, not shrink a already BD.

VHSDUB, it's not clear what you want. Do you want a compliant bluray disk with menus or do you simply want to burn that file onto a bluray disk to play as a media file on the Phillips?

What is the format of the 11gb file? A MediaInfo "Text" readout of it would be good.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I'm reading correctly he has an 11GB file which is 1920x1080. He states the end goal is the bd disc plays on a regular Philips bluray disc player. If he doesn't want menu etc. he can use BDRB and click on settings>output options and choose the target size. Then click on file>import>video files. Let BDRB do it's thing then click on "backup" and it will re-encode the video and audio to BR specs and the appropiate file/folder structure.
    If you import more than one video file BDRB also makes a simple menu with the name of the files where you can choose which one to play. If I have many small files I import them all and BDRB makes a simple menu listing all of the imported videos. I have imported as many as 50 small cartoons this way. Then burn the output to a Blu-ray disc. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tigerman Im going to try out your recommendation. I will update you all how it goes. Thank all of you for the input
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YESSSS!!! It worked perfectly!! THANK YOU ALL
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    Try BDRB (BDRebuilder). Load the file and your output should be a compliant BR folder/file structure.
    This is what I do with .mp4 or .mkv files. Import it into BD Rebuilder and it will do all the hard work for you (and burn it to a disc if you have Imgburn installed).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stonesfan187 View Post
    Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    This is what I do with .mp4 or .mkv files. Import it into BD Rebuilder and it will do all the hard work for you (and burn it to a disc if you have Imgburn installed).
    I use BDRB to make AVCHD discs too. Click on DVD-5 for target size. I use Nero to burn and it cries about the output folder structure. IIRC their are 4 or 5 folders to delete, but these are empty folders anyways.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    If you import more than one video file BDRB also makes a simple menu with the name of the files where you can choose which one to play. If I have many small files I import them all and BDRB makes a simple menu listing all of the imported videos. I have imported as many as 50 small cartoons this way. Then burn the output to a Blu-ray disc. Hope this helps.
    I tried this with a couple of mp4's, the first stage processed both mp4's, but the backup stage only converted one of the mp4's. Both were in the streams folder, but only one was converted. Is there some additional step to work with multiple inputs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Secoast View Post
    I tried this with a couple of mp4's, the first stage processed both mp4's, but the backup stage only converted one of the mp4's. Both were in the streams folder, but only one was converted. Is there some additional step to work with multiple inputs.
    Of all the times I used BDRB this has happened to me 2x about 1/2 way thru 40-50 small videos. I re-started BDRB and it worked ok the 2nd time. Why this happened I have no idea. I use NVEnc for encoder and full menu under mode.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    Of all the times I used BDRB this has happened to me 2x about 1/2 way thru 40-50 small videos. I re-started BDRB and it worked ok the 2nd time. Why this happened I have no idea. I use NVEnc for encoder and full menu under mode.
    I have the latest download. Can I ask which version you are currently using.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest download. Can I ask which version you are currently using.
    I don't think the version makes any difference because I have been using BDRB through many versions. You can try re-encoding with VidCoder or HandBrake before inporting the file/s to BDRB. I have done this on several occasions. All depends on what I want/feel like doing. Video encoding is not an exact science. Sometimes you have to try a few different programs to get the end result you want. If you want to load the files in MediaInfo and post the results I will look and see if something is off on one of the files. If you do, post which one you had trouble with.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    I don't think the version makes any difference because I have been using BDRB through many versions. You can try re-encoding with VidCoder or HandBrake before inporting the file/s to BDRB. I have done this on several occasions. All depends on what I want/feel like doing. Video encoding is not an exact science. Sometimes you have to try a few different programs to get the end result you want. If you want to load the files in MediaInfo and post the results I will look and see if something is off on one of the files. If you do, post which one you had trouble with.
    Having read your reply I can now confirm it only occurs with a particular pair of clips.
    I have a couple of clips from an old camcorder review. I use these to test ffmpeg scripts and for some reason they seem to throw BDRB. All other video I work with works fine.
    I can't remember how I originally extracted the clips from the full video, but would be curious if you can see if there is anything odd about them.
    It's worth noting that even if you copy one of the clips and use two identical, albeit differently named clips the issue remains.
    As previously stated, both clips import, but only one displays in BDRB's stream window, and only one is converted.
    Note: I'm using software (x264 & x265) encoding, but don't see why this should make a difference. Would be interesting to test with both methods though.

Thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It did not show as building both files, but it put both files in the BDMV/STREAM folder. File 1 and 2 both showed up on the menu. When I clicked on file 1, the crow,(from menu) it played. File 2 did not play from the menu. Both files play directly from the STREAM folder. I then used Leawo Prof. Media and made a menu. Both files played from the output of Leawo. I suspected that perhaps the 2 file was to small (583K compared to 1 >1.49MB). I re-encoded file 2 to 12MB and tried that, but it still would not play from the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    It did not show as building both files, but it put both files in the BDMV/STREAM folder. File 1 and 2 both showed up on the menu. When I clicked on file 1, the crow,(from menu) it played. File 2 did not play from the menu. Both files play directly from the STREAM folder.
    Same as my results. If you media info the files in the streams folder you will see the first file is not encoded, although remuxed (audio is also still aac).

I suspected that perhaps the 2 file was to small (583K compared to 1 >1.49MB). I re-encoded file 2 to 12MB and tried that, but it still would not play from the menu.
    No, if you switch the title numbers the crow clip will not play. It is always the first clip that does not encode.

Edit:
    I suspect had you encoded both files it may have worked. I suspect only one bad file is required to cause the issue.

Probably a combination of something with the parameters of these files and a minor bug in BDRB, that is responsible.
    Not an issue for me, as I cannot reproduce the issue with files I normally work with.
    Strange though, considering it always encodes one file.

Thanks for testing. I at least know it's not my system.
    Last edited by Secoast; 26th May 2024 at 05:06.
    Quote Quote