VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Gluegow gets more and more evil each day

AI Overviews are now available in the US and will roll out to more than a billion people by the year's end.

https://www.engadget.com/google-search-will-now-show-ai-generated-answers-to-millions-...174512845.html
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ai has never been proven to be useful in that it doesn't understand anything and doesn't say anything meaningful,google just goes with the flow.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Google Search adds a “web” filter, because it is no longer focused on web results.
    Google Search now has an option to search the "web," which is not the default anymore.

💀 ⚰️

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/05/google-search-adds-web-filter-as-it-pivots-to-...earch-results/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Ai has never been proven to be useful in that it doesn't understand anything and doesn't say anything meaningful,google just goes with the flow.
    I'd argue differently to that. AI can be useful if made use of in the right environment for example, using it to aid programming and scripting, AI then becomes very useful. I've used it countless times to aid creating scripts for media use so things become more automated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TE16 View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I'd argue differently to that. AI can be useful if made use of in the right environment for example, using it to aid programming and scripting, AI then becomes very useful. I've used it countless times to aid creating scripts for media use so things become more automated.
    And yet I have seen the exact opposite of that, specifically in regards to scripts and programming. It is great at nicely showing the surface form without any real meaningful or appropriate meat of content.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I admit, bashing Google is fun.

Glue pizza and eat rocks: Google AI search errors go viral.

"Google's new artificial intelligence (AI) search feature is facing criticism for providing erratic, inaccurate answers."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd11gzejgz4o
    Quote Quote