VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have downloaded srt file from video streaming service but when I open it in SubtitleEdit, it shows thousands of useless and same lines. Is there a way to fix it properly?

[Attachment 78958 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you open the srt with Notepad, do you see the same output? If so, I'd reckon there's something wrong with the srt and you'll have to find other means to get the subtitles. If output looks okay in Notepad, try another version of SE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you watch the streaming title, do you see an option to watch it with subtitles? This is just to make sure the title does have subtitles included.
    Also how did you get the fake subtitles file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    If you open the srt with Notepad, do you see the same output? If so, I'd reckon there's something wrong with the srt and you'll have to find other means to get the subtitles. If output looks okay in Notepad, try another version of SE.
    Yes it's the same output. Attaching an example
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    When you watch the streaming title, do you see an option to watch it with subtitles? This is just to make sure the title does have subtitles included.
    I don't really understand your question. Yes, I have an option to watch it with subtitles online
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TitasxD View Post
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I don't really understand your question. Yes, I have an option to watch it with subtitles online
    do you have the link to the streaming service so others can try the subtitles ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by TitasxD View Post
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    do you have the link to the streaming service so others can try the subtitles ??
    nope, it's not free. Subtitles work, but only when watching online.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload a har file with all your network requests just for that video with the problem subtitles? Make sure you load your srt using their video player.
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you need the subtitles file and you don't succeed to download it, your best option is to transcribe the audio using Whisper AI.
    Assuming of course that you managed to download the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just load it into Subtitle edit and select under TOOLS Fix common errors. Then untick all the error types that don't concern you, leaving remove duplicate lines.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi View Post
    Can you upload a har file with all your network requests just for that video with the problem subtitles? Make sure you load your srt using their video player.
    sorry for late response. No, I'm not loading srt on their video player. I'm downloading video+subs
    Quote Quote  
  12. A possibility here:

https://downsub.com/

I think I used it once or so. See if it works with your stream since it shows a variety of download sources.
    Quote Quote