VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there any freeware(or otherwise) that removes logos and watermarks completely from videos? Especially moving or floating watermarks. Ive come across videos that had moving watermarks splattered all across, thats been wiped clean. Of course its not the same as an original source without watermarks, its way cleaner.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are quite a few programs that (supposedly) removes watermarks and logos. But most of them will usually just blur out the unwanted imagery and leave behind an obvious blur. Not the best solution.

I asked a similar question here. And on some watermarks and logos, the 'removal' was fairly good with little or no resulting blurring in place of the watermarks and logos. However, the best results were for small watermarks and logos. For larger watermarks and logos the results were not so good, as the original imagery was effectively lost behind the watermarks and logos and could no longer be restored. I couldn't get the 'Protrainer' to work as I'm not quite sure on how to run that software.

You could try this and see how things go. But again, this is not really effective against large areas of watermarks and large logos.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    There are quite a few programs that (supposedly) removes watermarks and logos. But most of them will usually just blur out the unwanted imagery and leave behind an obvious blur. Not the best solution.

I asked a similar question here. And on some watermarks and logos, the 'removal' was fairly good with little or no resulting blurring in place of the watermarks and logos. However, the best results were for small watermarks and logos. For larger watermarks and logos the results were not so good, as the original imagery was effectively lost behind the watermarks and logos and could no longer be restored. I couldn't get the 'Protrainer' to work as I'm not quite sure on how to run that software.

You could try this and see how things go. But again, this is not really effective against large areas of watermarks and large logos.
    Thanks a lot. I'll try and wiggle my way around these programs and see how they work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The way watermarks work is usually shadow & highlight on the edges of the source logo, applied to the original video. If you can, in a sense, re-create & reposition that source logo, you could fairly easily reverse the shadowing & highlighting to restore the original video's original contrasts. A bit of (A + B) - B' = A' (if B' ~= B, then A' ~= A).

Also, some of the motion-compensated inter-frame-pasting tools can be of benefit that greatly reduces the blur factor.

Scott
    Quote Quote